How to disable csd-wacom

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tenplus1
Level 1
Level 1

How to disable csd-wacom

Post by tenplus1 »

How do I disable csd-wacom or other csd apps in the task manager like csd-color ?
spamegg
Level 14
Level 14

Re: How to disable csd-wacom

Post by spamegg »

Please don't do that, you'll break your Cinnamon desktop environment.
Those are harmless processes, they just sleep in the background and barely use a few MBs of ram.

https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.c ... s.html#ID9

Since you said "task manager", I am guessing you are coming from Windows and somewhat new to Linux.
I remember having the same "gotta turn off all unnecessary background processes, down to the tiniest thing" obsession on Windows.
That was years ago...
On Linux you don't have to worry about micro-managing every goddamn thing.
Leave it alone, and enjoy Mint :D

The blog I linked above has generally excellent info, tells you what mistakes to avoid.
I made all of those mistakes, by the way :lol:
There are many other articles there that you should read, like how to speed up Mint, or clean Mint.

Return to “Beginner Questions”