Chnging mouse pointer

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
harbinger
Level 1
Level 1

Chnging mouse pointer

Post by harbinger »

I want my mouse pointer to be larger and with a blue interior.
chime
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Chnging mouse pointer

Post by chime »

Larger can be done in system settings, choose mouse and touchpad. It will not apply when hovering over many things though, such as browsers. In system settings you can go to themes to look for a mouse cursor to suit your needs, but it will also change your entire desktop appearance.
istrs
Level 1
Level 1

Post by istrs »

chime wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:51 pm Larger can be done in system settings, choose mouse and touchpad. It will not apply when hovering over many things though, such as browsers. In system settings you can go to themes to look for a mouse cursor to suit your needs, but it will also change your entire desktop appearance.
An alternative way too would be to use the following command on terminal:

Code: Select all

gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.interface cursor-size MOUSE_SIZE
For example, setting cursor size to 60:

Code: Select all

gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.interface cursor-size 60
Maybe he wants to also create a new cursor? I'm new too and the farthest I know about it is that they are stored on /usr/share/icons/ directory but I have no idea how to create new themes/icons/cursors, it seems to be so many files that you have to mess around with. I hope someone can link a reference to a guide on that to him (and me since it's something I always wondered about)
billyswong
Level 8
Level 8

Post by billyswong »

If you are currently a user of Bibata cursor, the cursor theme that has become the default since LM 21.1. Visit https://www.bibata.live/studio

They are providing a online custom-color variants creation service of Bibata cursor theme.
billyswong
Level 8
Level 8

Post by billyswong »

chime wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:51 pm Larger can be done in system settings, choose mouse and touchpad. It will not apply when hovering over many things though, such as browsers. In system settings you can go to themes to look for a mouse cursor to suit your needs, but it will also change your entire desktop appearance.
See viewtopic.php?t=404497 for inconsistent cursor/pointer size issue.
chime
Level 3
Level 3

Post by chime »

billyswong wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:27 am
See viewtopic.php?t=404497 for inconsistent cursor/pointer size issue.
Thanks for that, it worked perfectly. I last looked to fix that years ago and couldn't find anything.

Return to “Beginner Questions”