Focus Screen

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MintMondy
Level 1
Level 1

Focus Screen

Post by MintMondy »

I am using an old windows machine. I have set a custom resolution and startup .sh. It takes two, one at 6 sec. and one at 12 sec.. I however get screen tearing and blinking sections. I learned and not form a forum, I am on 21. I found a way to stop the screen error anomalies by going to Control Center, Desktop, Windows, then changing from Compiz to Marco-Composting, then from auto to double. then back to auto and then back to compiz and everything is fine. Can the devs take this in mind and make these steps integrated and boot automatic with screen resolutions. also duplicate screens and max resolutions to set a single resolution and two differing resolutions?
billyswong
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Focus Screen

Post by billyswong »

MintMondy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am Can the devs take this in mind and make these steps integrated and boot automatic with screen resolutions. also duplicate screens and max resolutions to set a single resolution and two differing resolutions?
I don't even get what exactly you want to integrate. Your writing is confusing. You need to provide more background information for people to know why you want a monitor not displaying in its default resolution by default.

The part that I can understand your writing is the operation on desktop setting. Those GUI operations can be achieved by CLI, which means they can be appended into part of your scripts.

Code: Select all

gsettings set com.linuxmint.desktop mate-window-manager 'marco-composite'
gsettings set org.mate.interface window-scaling-factor 2
gsettings set org.mate.interface window-scaling-factor 0
gsettings set com.linuxmint.desktop mate-window-manager 'compiz'
In case the above run too fast and does not achieve the fix you want, we may interleave some sleep

gsettings set com.linuxmint.desktop mate-window-manager 'marco-composite'
sleep 0.5
gsettings set org.mate.interface window-scaling-factor 2
sleep 0.5
gsettings set org.mate.interface window-scaling-factor 0
sleep 0.5
gsettings set com.linuxmint.desktop mate-window-manager 'compiz'
spamegg
Level 14
Level 14

Post by spamegg »

Hello MintMondy welcome to the Forum.
Please share your system info by going to:
Menu/System Reports/System Information/click "Copy"
and pasting it here.
(You can use the command inxi -Fxxxmprz on the Terminal.)
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

changing from Compiz to Marco-Composting, then from auto to double. then back to auto and then back to compiz and everything is fine. 
compiz does this for unknown reasons and just a temporary switch of desktop managers restarts compiz.
I have only encountered this using the MATE desktop.
Mostly it loses what is referred to as 'Windows Decorations' which are the navigation buttons, and move ability.
There is a newer version of compiz that addresses some focus issues as well as other fixes:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/ ... 03539.html
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.

Return to “MATE”