can't login online google account in LMDE

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gychang
Level 1
Level 1

can't login online google account in LMDE

Post by gychang »

The latest LMDE is working fine. I am able to connect to my gmail using firefox. However using online account app google account just hangs after entering the login and correct password. Left it on for 3min but just hangs. Another thread mentions it is nvidia problem, but I have an intel gpu. It is all updated.

thanks,
Screenshot from 2024-03-17 09-21-45.png
kdross
Level 1
Level 1

Re: can't login online google account in LMDE

Post by kdross »

I am also experiencing this issue.
MiZoG
Level 8
Level 8

Post by MiZoG »

Owner of an nvidia card? Have a look here.
bluemax
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bluemax »

I tried to duplicate it. I can login w/o issues
gychang
Level 1
Level 1

Post by gychang »

kdross wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:26 pm I am also experiencing this issue.
I have 2 Lenovo PCs (different model, neither have nvidia) one boots into my google account but not the other one.
gychang
Level 1
Level 1

Re: can't login online google account in LMDE(Solved)

Post by gychang »

gychang wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:39 am
kdross wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:26 pm I am also experiencing this issue.
I have 2 Lenovo PCs (different model, neither have nvidia) one boots into my google account but not the other one.
I formatted and installed a new copy of LMDE and now I can login google account! I am not sure what the problem may have been but now solved.
kdross
Level 1
Level 1

Re: can't login online google account in LMDE (solved, differently)

Post by kdross »

I stumbled upon a way to get past the issue. After entering username and password, and I get to the part where it's stuck, I right-click in the window and choose Reload. It refreshes and the usual Google screen where it asks for two-factor authentication appears. I choose a method, and all is good.

I read somewhere in the last month or so that Google was going to start requiring two-factor authentication, even in third-party logins like this... I guess this is a manifestation of that, only LMDE doesn't handle it well all the time.
gychang
Level 1
Level 1

Re: can't login online google account in LMDE (solved, differently)

Post by gychang »

kdross wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:25 am I stumbled upon a way to get past the issue. After entering username and password, and I get to the part where it's stuck, I right-click in the window and choose Reload. It refreshes and the usual Google screen where it asks for two-factor authentication appears. I choose a method, and all is good.

I read somewhere in the last month or so that Google was going to start requiring two-factor authentication, even in third-party logins like this... I guess this is a manifestation of that, only LMDE doesn't handle it well all the time.
This is good!, I can verify this works, clearly linuxmint team needs to work on this. thanks @kdross.

Return to “Software & Applications”