And KABOOM I'm here !!!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Newbie221
Level 1
Level 1

And KABOOM I'm here !!!

Post by Newbie221 »

Greetings all !!

Just got started about a week ago into Linux. (been exploring the idea for about 3 months)
Downloaded and installed LinuxMint to an old laptop and giving it a test drive. So far I'm pleased with with it. Although it has been a bit of a learning curve for me. However I do believe that eventually I'll end up installing it on my main laptop and using it as a daily driver.
I'm just an average person who has learned a lot by just pressing the ENTER key. :shock: That doesn't always go the way you think it should. :lol:
Anyways looking forward to this new adventure, hopefully not bricking this computer in the process !!! 8)

Thanks for your time:
Newbie221
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: And KABOOM I'm here !!!

Post by deepakdeshp »

Welcome to the forum
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello Newbie221,
Welcome to the Linux Mint Forum. Enjoy the journey! :)
I often recommend this page for new linux users. It can help with the learning.
https://linuxjourney.com
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
KMD2023
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KMD2023 »

Newbie221 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:49 pm Greetings all !!

Just got started about a week ago into Linux. (been exploring the idea for about 3 months)
Downloaded and installed LinuxMint to an old laptop and giving it a test drive. So far I'm pleased with with it. Although it has been a bit of a learning curve for me. However I do believe that eventually I'll end up installing it on my main laptop and using it as a daily driver.
I'm just an average person who has learned a lot by just pressing the ENTER key. :shock: That doesn't always go the way you think it should. :lol:
Anyways looking forward to this new adventure, hopefully not bricking this computer in the process !!! 8)

Thanks for your time:
Newbie221
Newbie221,

For the occasional 'experiments' a Virtual Machine is a good friend. QEMU or VirtualBox are two methods. I do not experiment (any more LOL) on my daily driver, instead, I keep a VM updated and on the same version as my PC and try things out there. Of course, a VM is not going to have the same hardware as the host PC as the VM's hardware is virtualized, but it's better than taking risks with your main computer.

Plus, with VM's you can play with all sorts of other Distros, OS'es. QEMU can also 'Emulate' other architectures if I recall. VirtualBox is simpler but is only a hypervisor, not a hypervisor + Emulator like QEMU.
KMD2023
NW USA
Linux Hobbyist - Made the full switch Mar 2023
- "Backups are your friend, and Timeshift is a friend with benefits!"

Return to “Introduce Yourself”