21.3 Display manager layout numbering

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Navigator
Level 1
Level 1

21.3 Display manager layout numbering

Post by Navigator »

After upgrading to Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon the Display manager seems to have a bug.

The display numbers in the layout diagram and the menu no longer matches, and the second display has no number in the layout diagram.

Display manager 21.3.png
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: 21.3 Display manager layout numbering

Post by SMG »

Navigator wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:53 pm After upgrading to Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon the Display manager seems to have a bug.

The display numbers in the layout diagram and the menu no longer matches, and the second display has no number in the layout diagram.
Can you create a new user and see if the new user also notices this issue?
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
Navigator
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Navigator »

SMG wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:57 pm Can you create a new user and see if the new user also notices this issue?
Sorry, I forgot to check back on this. I created a new standard user account and it appears the same there as well, just like the screen capture above but in a light theme.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Navigator wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:02 pmSorry, I forgot to check back on this. I created a new standard user account and it appears the same there as well, just like the screen capture above but in a light theme.
I did find this bug report Cinnamon-Settings Display showing wrong monitor numbers #12025 so others are seeing the issue as well.

Sometimes code is zero-based (meaning the start point is zero) and sometimes it starts with 1. The guess is there may be a mismatch and something is starting with 0 instead of 1 and that is causing the issue. You may want to add your experience to the bug report. The more people who report problems with an issue, the more likely it will get attention.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Cinnamon”