Setting RfKill State require privileges - spamming non-admin users

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SprinterDriver
Level 4
Level 4

Setting RfKill State require privileges - spamming non-admin users

Post by SprinterDriver »

Hi.

I have an old Dell latitude D620 that I've giving away for kids (so their mom doesn't have to loan her computer all the time for kids to do basic school work).

I have set up the laptop with four user accounts. The mom have her own user account and have admin privileges. The kids have only regular user privileges.

The problem is that this message are absolutely spamming and pretty much make the computer unusable. Click Cancel and it just returns in an everlasting loop. Enter the mom password - message box still re-appears in an everlasting loop.

Trying to figure what trigger this:
Problem is I'm not sure what triggers this everlasting error loop. Slight indication (in this stage unfortunaly it's guessworking) is it may be bluetooth turning On causing the problem.

When login as admin (mom), This doesn't seem like an issue

Installation history:
  • Installed Linux Mint 21.2 but later upgraded to 21.3.
  • Install method : Zfs
I've tried so far (doesn't help)
  • Adding each regular user to the bluetooth group (do I need to restart for this having an effect?)
  • Following the solution described in this thread <link>.

[ Edit while writing ]

I just did a reboot, and it seems to fix the problem. That is for all but one user profile. The affected user profile seems to have bluetooth turned on, but after a while it turns off, and with that the popup message seems to stop.
So I got this bright idea. But when I tried to grab the light bulb, I did not hurt my hands as expected from a warm bulb, because it turned out to be one of those LED bulbs.

Return to “MATE”