Workspace Switcher - increase number

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
erudolph
Level 1
Level 1

Workspace Switcher - increase number

Post by erudolph »

Hello,

I recently purchased a new drive and decided to upgrade from Mint 10 to 13 using the Cinnamon desktop. I reviewed a similar post in one of the forums concerning increasing the number of workspaces in the switcher, but even when opening the dconf-editor as root, the value for number-workspaces is a non-editable value of 2. I've looked through the applet.js files and still cannot find a way to increase the workspaces. This is a critical function for me and would appreciate any assistance.

Emery Rudolph
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bimsebasse

Re: Workspace Switcher - increase number

Post by bimsebasse »

Workspaces in Cinnamon are dynamic (as opposed to fixed) and you add them by hitting the plus/arrow/add button at the right edge of the screen in workspace expo. If you're not seeing this button it's because you use an outdated theme without support for Cinnamon 1.4 features.

http://i.imgur.com/PfsKi.png
erudolph
Level 1
Level 1

Post by erudolph »

Thank you Bimsebasse,

This is my first experience with this desktop manager and thus I had not experienced the Expo until you called it out. I now see how it works. Very slick!

Thank you very much!

Emery
geoffm

Post by geoffm »

So there's no way at all to create more workspaces if you don't use the desktop expo? I want to use the windows expo and it seems I can't set up both windows expo and workspace expo on separate hot corners!!!
abnvolk

Post by abnvolk »

The keyboard shortcut for Scale (Windows Preview) is Ctrl+Shift+DownArrow, for Expo is Ctrl+Shift+UpArrow, so you can set up Scale hot corner and use Expo by pressing the key combo.

Return to “Cinnamon”