Top panel stuck

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
R0mai

Top panel stuck

Post by R0mai »

Hi guys!

I just installed Mint with Cinamon, and I have a little annoyance with it.
When some pop-up message window should disappear, a big grey blank window gets stuck on the top of the screen. (see screenshot)
It is "only" visible, that is I can click "through" it, but it is very annoying.

What could cause it, and how to get rid of it?

Thanks for your help!

Screenshot:
Sc.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Top panel stuck

Post by remoulder »

This is not the top panel but appears to be some pop-up or notification. If it only appears when running firefox, it's probably a pop-up.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
R0mai

Post by R0mai »

It mostly appeared while running Eclipse, but it appeared for other applications as well.
Closing applications didn't help, restarting the whole GUI helped, (but of course that isn't a very good solution).

Today, I've been using it for hours, without them appearing, so I think it magically repaired itself. I hope it doesn't came back :)
sepul

Post by sepul »

have the same problem here too
any solutions ?

- using cinnamon 1.4.0
R0mai

Post by R0mai »

I have found a workaround : on the top: Troubleshoot/Restart cinamon. This will restart cinamon, only takes a few seconds and the buggy panels disappears.
dentex
Level 1
Level 1

Post by dentex »

Yes, I have the same issue and doing CTRL+F2 then "r" and ENTER restarts cinnamon and solve the annoyance; or, as in my case the box appears on Firefox, just closing and restarting Firefox only solve the issue the same way.

Any news about a stable workaround?

CIAO.

Return to “Cinnamon”