Odd Thelio Error

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Odd Thelio Error

Post by MurphCID »

Twice today, I booted the Thelio and it took almost a minute to get to the splash screen, then it just hung on the screen that shows ESC F12 Del at the bottom. The system was completely updated, firmware up to date, and this error is happening more and more often. I had to hard power off the system by pulling the plug, then it booted just fine. I have a service ticket into system 76 and will send them the error logs as soon as they contact me. Since it has POP!_OS back on it due to the errors showing up with Mint on the Thelio, and now it is doing the same thing. So I will leave this here. I cannot decipher what the issue is based on the log entries. But hopefully System 76 can get to the bottom of what is happening.

Annoying? Absolutely!
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Odd Thelio Error

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

I've run into that when I left something plugged into a USB port.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Thanks! The only things I have plugged into the USB ports are the rodent, the keyboard, and two extension cables to run the USB-C and one USB-A port around to the front of the system. It is annoying as all get out, AND I have not yet heard from System 76.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Ok, pulling the two extender cables from the back of the computer, and doing a BIOS reset to "Load Optimized defaults" seems to have cleared up the issue for some absolutely unknown reason. I submitted two trouble tickets, and have yet to hear back from System 76 at all.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

Did you ever hear back from System 76?
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

I did, and they had me run Memtest. I think what it needed was to do a bios reset after the bios update since it is a Gigabyte motherboard. So far everything is running pretty well.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Since I made the correction in BIOS, everything is working great. In fact I am spending more time with the Thelio than previously. Thanks to all, and now that I have it the way I want it to "look and feel" it is even better.

Return to “Open Chat”