Get Libre Office open hyperlinks in Mullvad browser

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NoHo Hank
Level 5
Level 5

Get Libre Office open hyperlinks in Mullvad browser

Post by NoHo Hank »

Just now discovered this nifty corner: Scripts & Bash. I reckon this is the right place to re open this topic.
We are happy to use mullvad browser https://mullvad.net/en/download/browser/linux
Unfortunately we cant get hyperlinks in Libre Office files open in Mullvad browser. After selected Mullvad browser in preferred programs as default browser the hyperlink only opens the Mullvad browser window. But not the address! It isn't even shown in the address bar.
How get this working?
Demand technology that serves us - https://peoplevsbig.tech/
None of Your Business https://noyb.eu/en
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Get Libre Office open hyperlinks in Mullvad browser

Post by xenopeek »

Moved this to the software & applications forum. This isn't about getting help with script your are writing. If Mullvad doesn't integrate well with the Linux desktop that is something to maybe get help with in this forum first.
Dan-cer
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Dan-cer »

@NoHo Hank
I would like to check the issue. However, I couldn't find out how to set Mullvad as preferred app, as it is not installed in /opt/ but in ~/.local/
How did you manage it?

Update: As there is no option within Mullvad browser to set it as standard browser, it might be impossible.
That leads to the assumption that the browser isn't mature yet to use it daily.
I, btw, am fan of Vivaldi browser.
How you get better results when searching for yourself.
Dullard du Jour
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Dullard du Jour »

Well, it works for me using LibreOffice Writer 7.6.5.2 (X86_64) and Mullvad Browser 13.0.13, downloaded today. Am using DE XFCE.

First changed default browser in Default Applications, then opened LibreOffice, then Writer, type in a link to google, clicked and it worked.
Dullard du Jour
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Dullard du Jour »

Dan-cer wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am @NoHo Hank
I would like to check the issue. However, I couldn't find out how to set Mullvad as preferred app, as it is not installed in /opt/ but in ~/.local/
How did you manage it?

Update: As there is no option within Mullvad browser to set it as standard browser, it might be impossible.
That leads to the assumption that the browser isn't mature yet to use it daily.
I, btw, am fan of Vivaldi browser.
I have Mullvad browser sitting the home directory with docs, pic, etc., then created a link for the desktop. Correct about no default setting in the General section, as there is in Firefox. Oddly enough, when trying to get to this mint forum about 4 out of 5 times it would fail with Server Not Found. That was from Writer and by URL input in the browser. Weird. Past that, Google and a few other sites work fine from Writer.

Return to “Software & Applications”