Firefox issue with search buttons

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gittist
Level 3
Level 3

Firefox issue with search buttons

Post by gittist »

The only thing I’ve done to Firefox in months is updating it via the Software Manager however it’s getting more more squirrely with several sites:

For example Firefox will accept all entries EXCEPT for when I click on the search button. [Please see the attached file]

What changed or what do I need to do so that I don’t have to use another browser; or is it time to change?

Thank you.
Attachments
Firefox.odt
(112.04 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
diabolicbg
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Firefox issue with search buttons

Post by diabolicbg »

Make a trial run of using FF in Troubleshooting Mode if that helps, use FF Refresh.
- You see, in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend, those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. - "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

Behind every faulty computer there is a user who did nothing...
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Post by mikeflan »

Firefox will accept all entries EXCEPT for when I click on the search button.
Is the search button that orange button in the odt file? Or is it the one I get at the bottom when I hit Ctrl-F?
gittist
Level 3
Level 3

Post by gittist »

Buttons such as the ' search' (the magnifying glass) in Kayak have always worked up until a few days/weeks ago. Revised document attached.
Attachments
Firefox.odt
(113.21 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Post by mikeflan »

Firefox is my primary browser. Chromium is my secondary browser. Sometimes, but not very often, Firefox will not accomplish something on an advanced webpage. When that happens I try Chromium. If that doesn't work I usually move on.
You should get a secondary browser. Your choice as to what that might be.

If you want to supply a few URLs (maybe Kayak) of Searches that don't work in FF we can try it out on our computers.
billyswong
Level 8
Level 8

Post by billyswong »

The search button in kayak.com works in my Firefox. But if I don't uncheck the booking.com checkbox, it is popping up new tab.

Usually browser extensions are not loaded in private window. Open "new private window" and test the website again. See if it works in your computer.

Return to “Software & Applications”