Some people are not well informed about Linux

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RollyShed
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Some people are not well informed about Linux

Post by RollyShed »

Terminal? What is Terminal? OK, at least 50 users here that I've done installations for don't know it exists. Yes, I use it for one or two things during an installation i.e. delete foreign fonts etc. because I have the code.

I have a 6TB hard disk in my desktop for back up storage and simply copy Desktop, Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos to a folder and if done today it would be called "240310 Backup". That is the date (year, month, day) and what that folder is doing. Eventually if the 6TB disk gets too full some will be deleted.

As for what system we use here, Linux Mint Cinnamon. I've used it for near a decade and my partner went that way when MS deleted everything on her computer in October 2018. I see they've messed things up again with their latest update.

The thing about Linux Mint it is so easy to do things and adjust things.
I sometimes have to look at Windows computers for other people. What a mess and so limited in what can be done.
BG405
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BG405 »

RollyShed wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:16 am I sometimes have to look at Windows computers for other people.
You have my sincere sympathy!! :shock:

I'd planned on doing the same when I first switched to Linux (Mint 17.3 Cinnamon) .. even set up a shared ntfs partition with that (and dual-boot) in mind. No prizes for guessing that such intentions never came to pass. :mrgreen:
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE
jayr69
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jayr69 »

Well if you want my opinion Window will have the time to bug 100 times before linux Mint gets to bug one little time...if it even bugs at all, lol

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”