Grub lost W10 in LMDE

Questions about Grub, the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
butiflauta
Level 3
Level 3

Grub lost W10 in LMDE

Post by butiflauta »

Hi friends,

in my pc there's two hard drives. One with W10 and the other with Mint 21.3. I want to check Mint Debian and decided to install in the hard drive with Mint 21.3 deleting this one. Installation is ok but grup when I start the pc grub don't show in their menus W10. How can I recover? I try fixing with OS.Prober but doesn't work, with this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bfd8ybEK4U

Please, I need help
Last edited by SMG on Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to LMDE forum because the install is now W10 and LMDE and not Linux Mint Main Edition.
RamBurner
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Grub lost W10 in LMDE

Post by RamBurner »

Run

Code: Select all

sudo update-grub
See what happens if it shows it again.
Which OS is controlling the GRUB? Did you install Mint 21.3 or LMDE 6?
Also look in the BIOS/UEFI and see what is set to boot first, you may have both ubuntu and debian showing, if you are running the LMDE 6 have the debian entry as first, then the hard drive.
MiZoG
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Grub lost W10 in LMDE

Post by MiZoG »

1. Post your system specs: System Reports --> System Information --> Press "Copy" --> Paste here into a new post or edit your original one.
2. Open Terminal (you may want to increase Terminal's window size) --> Type (or paste with "right-click" from here): efibootmgr ; lsblk -f Paste the output of this command here as well, enclosed inside "code" tags (pick the </> symbol from the message toolbar)

Return to “Installation & Boot”