Problem with mouse freezing.

Questions about hardware and drivers
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
endriuh
Level 1
Level 1

Problem with mouse freezing.

Post by endriuh »

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right section, but I think the mouse is a piece of equipment, and I don't know if there's already a topic like this on the forum, but there are a lot of topics related to it.

After disconnecting my ESP32 microcontroller, I turned off the monitor and left the computer for some time, when I came back and turned the monitor back on, the mouse stopped moving, at that time I noticed that it was possible to update browsers, and when I left the system was up to date (the shield on the taskbar ).

It is a wireless mouse that can be activated by clicking any of its keys, so I clicked it but it had no effect, I took the dongle out of the USB port and put it back in, even plugging it into another USB port didn't help, the mouse still didn't work, only after restarting the computer the mouse started working.

Everything else worked fine except the mouse.

I don't know if the reason is that the mouse stopped working when I disconnected ESP32, or because there were updates.
This isn't the first time this has happened.

I have an ASUS UX303LN laptop, which was converted into a desktop after the LCD matrix and the controller responsible for transmitting the image to the matrix were damaged.
This laptop has only 3 USB ports, so I use a USB Hub to which a USB mouse, or rather its wireless dongle, is connected, and an ESP32 microcontroller was also connected.
MiZoG
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Problem with mouse freezing.

Post by MiZoG »

Hey endriuh
Did your system go into "sleep" by any chance?
It had been a recurring problem on ASUS hardware.
Try to reproduce the problem. If it occurs again and you have to restart, open "Logs" (find it in menu) and look for relevant error messages from your previous session.
Anyway If problem persists, post your (full) system specs along with any finds in Logs: System Reports --> System Information --> Press the actual "Copy" button on the bottom right --> Paste here into a new post or edit your original.

Return to “Hardware Support”