Hello from Lunduke!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lunduke
Level 1
Level 1

Hello from Lunduke!

Post by lunduke »

Long time Linux user, but don't think I've ever had a Linux Mint forum account!

Interestingly... I have a weirdly long history with Linux Mint. If memory serves... I was hosting a podcast called "The Linux Action Show" back when Linux Mint was first created. At the time it mostly existed as a variant of Ubuntu with some things like certain media codecs (which Canonical was unable to legally distribute back then).

I covered Mint on the show, which caught the attention of a graphic designer who decided to contribute to Mint. Which resulted in the first round of significant unique Mint designs. Was fun to watch the changes in those early days! Nowadays I publish articles and shows at lunduke.locals.com.

Anyway, I was told that my name (Lunduke) was listed as a forbidden word here on the Linux Mint forum. Which... just sounded too preposterous for words. Luckily that now seems to have been fixed and was simply an error. Huzzah!

Yours in nerdiness,
Lunduke
mudassir
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Hello from Lunduke!

Post by mudassir »

Hi Lunduke, great to know about your efforts to promote Linux Mint. Welcome to the Forum!

BTW, I've been a programmer, used to work with VS... switched to Linux Mint and trying to guide people on choosing Linux Mint for coding with some maybe tutorial kind of posts..
Please SHARE Knowledge.. Let's not FLAUNT it...
FUN := 'Linux Mint 21 Vanessa Cinnamon' + 'Php, Apache, MySQL Server' + 'Lazarus' + 'Gambas';
const Lazarus : Pascal; const Gambas As BASIC
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello lunduke,
Welcome to the Linux Mint forum, enjoy the Journey! :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
spamegg
Level 14
Level 14

Post by spamegg »

Anyway, I was told that my name (Lunduke) was listed as a forbidden word here on the Linux Mint forum. Which... just sounded too preposterous for words. Luckily that now seems to have been fixed and was simply an error. Huzzah!
I remember there were some forum posts with your "future of Linux looks bleak" type of videos / articles and the discussion got too heated because of a few highly inflammatory users, with a lot of corporation bashing and politics, accusations and name calling of "conspiracy theorists" etc. so they were locked.

It might have been due to that, as a temporary measure, but then maybe someone forgot to fix it back in time.
motoryzen
Level 10
Level 10

Post by motoryzen »

Lunduke as in Brian or Bryan Lunduke?
Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 5.8.4
asrock x570 taichi ...bios p5.00
ryzen 5900x
128GB Kingston Fury @ 3600mhz
Corsair mp600 pro xt NVME ssd 4TB
three 4TB ssds
dual 1TB ssds
Two 16TB Toshiba hdd's
24GB amd 7900xtx vid card
Viewsonic Elite UHD 32" 144hz monitor
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Welcome to the Linux Mint forum,
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Introduce Yourself”