Panel & Font Settings are no longer active after reboot

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
trzcy
Level 1
Level 1

Panel & Font Settings are no longer active after reboot

Post by trzcy »

Hi,

whenever I shutdown or reboot my computer, Xfce no longer loads my personal settings, Panels and fonts look all different.

I did some searching and found out that I can reset everything back to my setting with the following command:

Code: Select all

xfce4-panel --quit ; pkill xfconfd ; rm -rf ~/.config/xfce4/panel ; rm -rf ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-panel.xml ; xfce4-panel & disown
this will reset the panel, I then have to log out and after logging in again my fonts are also back to normal.

The problem with this solution is, it only lasts until I reboot. How can I get back to permanently loading up with my own settings again.

The last thing I did before this got broken, was installing cadence/jack audio and adding my user to the audio group. After rebooting my Xfce was broken. Not sure how this might be related though.

How is it possible to fix this?

System: Kernel: 5.4.0-167-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 9.4.0 Desktop: Xfce 4.16.0
tk: Gtk 3.24.20 wm: xfwm4 dm: LightDM Distro: Linux Mint 20.2 Uma
base: Ubuntu 20.04 focal

Thanks for any help.
stevengarland
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Panel & Font Settings are no longer active after reboot

Post by stevengarland »

You are using a very old kernel. Might try moving forward.

Do you have a Timeshift backup to a time when everything worked?
Keep It Simple Sweetheart
trzcy
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Panel & Font Settings are no longer active after reboot

Post by trzcy »

Hi thanks for your reply. In the end I just reinstalled and updated my system. It was about time :)

Return to “Xfce”