Tony George - super nice guy

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Tony George - super nice guy

Post by AZgl1800 »

as I have mentioned a "few times", I really like his app "Homi" for backup up /home

I just recently upgraded this laptop from a 1TB SSD that was 98% full, to a new 4TB SSD.

I used Homi to install all of my /home documents and it worked great, Except for one (1) thing.

it insisted on created a "new folder" and the result was

home/john/home/john

that didn't really please me, but by opening two NEMO windows, I was able to move stuff from the 'new folder' to the proper original folders.....

I wrote a note to Tony George, and he replied " that how it is supposed to work" which I had just learned.
but then he said: " thank you for your note, I will modify the app to let the user to put it back in /root like it came from in the first place.

wow!
thank you Tony

his original thoughts were to have it in a 'new folder' for comparison to something you might have lost, or just want a few files, not the whole entire backup, like I did for a new SSD with a blank /home install.

LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint

Return to “Chat about Linux”