tedious Updates

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
EA6ADB
Level 1
Level 1

tedious Updates

Post by EA6ADB »

Hello, dear community. I have Windowsfx here on my computer and I am astonished about the number of updates requiring my attention. What annoyes me most is the following text receving in Portuguese: "Atualzacoes importantes estao disponiveis para voce. Deseja instalar agora? yes/no." If I say "yes" the WINE approach opens and declares after some more steps that my system were "up to date". But this kind of "update" has nothing to do with the built-in "software updater". Even if I update using the "software updater" and after this update it declares my system were "up to date" the little portuguesian window opens aksing me to "update".

So, what is this annoncement mentioned above (in a language I don't have installed) for at all? Is it a virus or what does it do at all and why is it in a language I didn't install and (most important for me) can it be switched off once and for all?

Cheers and thanks for reading

Bob
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: tedious Updates

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Bob.

Sorry to have to tell so:
Your Windowsfx is not Linux Mint. This here is the Linux Mint forum. So you have submitted your post in the wrong forum.
The Windowsfx (new) project homepage is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/windows-ubuntu/
Help seems to be available through their community page: https://sourceforge.net/p/windows-ubuntu/forum/general/

Karl
--
Moved the thread from LMDE Forums to Chat about Linux.
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: tedious Updates

Post by xenopeek »

Topic locked as per the forum rules; this board is for Linux Mint support only.

Return to “Chat about Linux”