COMPUTER SYSTEM INFO SPECS ON LINUX MINT?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
XidCat

Re: COMPUTER SYSTEM INFO SPECS ON LINUX MINT?

Post by XidCat »

Default is Menu>Favorites>System Monitor (bottom right corner of favorites)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Silent Warrior
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Silent Warrior »

Hm, I think what the OP wanted was something like lshw-gui (or, on second read, maybe not).
Anyway, if you open the terminal and enter 'sudo apt-get install lshw-gui' I think you'll get a more complete picture. (Once you run the app, at least.) You'll need to try something else to see how full your partitions are - though partition managers work for that end, the chance for a regrettable incident is... not my cup o' tea. I also see something in my mintMenu called Device Manager. Pick yer poison!
garda

Post by garda »

System Monitor gives you available RAM and disk space, but for a detailed system information you have to install either HardInfo or HAL Device Manager. Both can be found in Synaptic (Package Manager). A shortcut to the former will be available in Control Center as System Profiler and Benchmark and the latter also in Control Center as Device Manager.

Most of the times, I prefer their command-line counterparts: lspci, lsusb, and lshw.

Return to “Beginner Questions”