Can not see second hard drive

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jamesdgraham

Can not see second hard drive

Post by jamesdgraham »

I just installed Mint 7. I have two hard drives I installed mint on the first one and formatted the second one. I can see the drive in gparted but I do not know how to have the drive available when I boot.
Thank You for your Help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lagagnon

Re: Can not see second hard drive

Post by lagagnon »

Is there another operating system on that second drive or is it just a formatted drive with no OS? If the latter then you have access to that drive through the file manager (Nautilus), just as you would in MS Windows. Click the Computer icon on the desktop.

If there is a second OS on that other drive so you are asking to dual boot then it should be in the boot list at the start if you installed Mint correctly.
jamesdgraham

Post by jamesdgraham »

I clicked on the icon and the hard drive is not there.

Thank You For Your Help
lagagnon

Post by lagagnon »

Open a terminal and show us the output of the following commands:

sudo fdisk -l
df -h
Fred

Post by Fred »

Or... you can just auto mount it the old fashioned way and not have to worry about it anymore. :-)

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=22093

Fred

Return to “Beginner Questions”