Netflix working on Linux Support

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TheOracle

Netflix working on Linux Support

Post by TheOracle »

Hey Guys,

I just had a chat with Netflix customer support. Here is the chat I had with them:

You: Hi. I just wanted to let you guys know I'd appreciate it if you offered a solution on Linux so linux users could watch netflix. Thanks

Netflix Faith: Oh thank you so much for letting us know, also I will be more than glad to tell you that we are working to increase our service and in the real soon Netflix can be supported by Linux.

You: oh so you guys are working on it?

Netflix Faith: Yes, we are already have to much suggestion of Netflix using Linux and we are increasing our service.

This is great as this tells me Linux is gaining more and more traction. I think Linux Mint has a lot to do with that. I know I haven't turned on a Windows machine since I've installed Mint!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Netflix working on Linux Support

Post by xenopeek »

Netflix works in Google Chrome on Linux. Other browsers I think don't have the needed DRM support yet.
TheOracle

Post by TheOracle »

Yeah, but I think this is important that Netflix is finally thinking about Linux and doing something about it.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Netflix has officially supported Linux as a platform for more than a year now (since Google Chrome 37). Just install Google Chrome and go to the Netflix website and log in. Start watching; nothing else needed.

So I don't quite follow what you mean with "Netflix is finally thinking about Linux and doing something about it."
English Invader
Level 4
Level 4

Post by English Invader »

xenopeek wrote:So I don't quite follow what you mean with "Netflix is finally thinking about Linux and doing something about it."
I think the past tense is required:

"Netflix has thought about Linux and has done something about it".
H.Remedy

Post by H.Remedy »

English Invader wrote:"Netflix has thought about Linux and has done something about it".
Unless they are planning on a standalone Linux app? Dunno.

Return to “Chat about Linux”