Tiniest Linux Computer - what?

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
j03k3rr

Tiniest Linux Computer - what?

Post by j03k3rr »

Can someone tell me what kind of work can be done with this kind of computer? Except leaving it at a bar to use it as TOR exit nod.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/vocore-mi ... x-computer
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Tiniest Linux Computer - what?

Post by richyrich »

The specs will tell you it is NOT for desktops . . 32 Mb of ram. Now, for a custom built router, or net traffic analysis . . The OS . .
OpenWrt is described as a Linux distribution for embedded devices.
j03k3rr

Post by j03k3rr »

Found another. This one has 256Mb ram and running Debian linux. I just don't get it what's the point of these computers. What practical use do they have?
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Do some googling on "The Internet of Things". Washing machines, fridges, home security, home lighting . . . on and on and on . . . :?
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

http://my_toaster_now_has_wifi.com
English Invader
Level 4
Level 4

Post by English Invader »

richyrich wrote:The specs will tell you it is NOT for desktops . . 32 Mb of ram.
If you had 32MB RAM in 1995, you would have been considered a power user. How times have changed.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

If you had 32MB RAM in 1995, you would have been considered a power user. How times have changed.
lolol , I still have my Dell Optiplex 466/le computer! Back then I spent tons of money upgrading from 32 to 64 megs of ram, and changing out the 66 mhz 486 cpu to a 100 Mhz. Wow, was it fast, I had strangers ask to come over and see it's speed ! 8)

Return to “Chat about Linux”