is there as compatibility list somewhere for tablets

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fleamailman

is there as compatibility list somewhere for tablets

Post by fleamailman »

("...hi, I'm looking for a tablet that is 100% driver sure before I even buy it..." started the goblin newly returned, adding "...I love linux mint and have installed it to umpteen laptops to date, but I'm looking for a hassle free tablet now, so is there some sort of tablet compatibility list somewhere, or your personal experiences that I can go upon, for example I have a lenovo tablet ec700 running android, would it run mint then, if not which tablet...")
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: is there as compatibility list somewhere for tablets

Post by xenopeek »

What part of the Linux Mint desktop environments jumps out to you as being fit for use with (HiDPI) tiny touch screens? :)

Linux Mint is developed for x86 and x86-64 processor architectures and most tablets (despite Intel pushing Atom) are using ARM processors instead. Ubuntu does support ARM so if you want Linux on tablet look there: https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/start/u ... r-devices/. The list of supported devices is short so check that first if your tablet is even supported.
shengchieh

Re: is there as compatibility list somewhere for tablets

Post by shengchieh »

Personally I buy a pre-installed linux tablet. Even if it has the wrong distro, the linux drivers are floating on the internet. I buy all my machines linux pre-installed - avoid all the hassles. Only old machines, I install linux but I test things with a liveDVD.
My experience with a window PC when a new parts show up is: It takes a few months for linux drivers to float on the internet and a few more months for the drivers to be included in distros.

You are welcomed to look at the loonnngggg list of "pre-installing inux" vendors in my website (signature0 -> retailers.

Sheng-Chieh

Return to “Chat about Linux”