What do I need to know?

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Octavian

What do I need to know?

Post by Octavian »

I am studying Terminal commands, the Linux file system and doing Python tutorials right now. I want to build a Linux from scratch system (LFS.) Is there anything else I should include in my studies?

The reason why I ask is because I want to know how to trouble shoot even before I face problems. If you built a LFS system would you mind telling your story of why you did it and the hardships you faced? I would really appreciate it. Don't worry, my biggest curiosity how long it took you and if you ever faced moments of giving up. I need something to help me keep going because I know I will face moments of giving up. Thanks :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shengchieh

Re: What do I need to know?

Post by shengchieh »

You're welcomed to surf thru the long list of links in my website (signature) -> Console Commands .
Also take a look at LFS (linux for scratch distro.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/

Sheng-Chieh
Octavian

Post by Octavian »

Thanks I book marked it :wink:
Derek_S
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Derek_S »

Hello Octavian - I would think that if you've got a good handle on terminal commands, that's about 75% of the battle. The other 25% is researching the steps involved with building your modules, installing the system and so on.

Probably the best thing you can do is join their user forum and read about any and all problems that others have faced. That way you're learning from their mistakes and not your own. :wink:
"When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself." - Tecumseh

Return to “Chat about Linux”