Missing programs?

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rasedgwick

Missing programs?

Post by rasedgwick »

High there just finished Arch/Cinnamon install and I can figure where some of my programs are going. I've installed firefox via pacman but cant locate it in the menu, or search. I have to lauch it from the terminal.

Any help would be great thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Missing programs?

Post by xenopeek »

As this isn't about Linux Mint, moved the topic to chat forum. Probably the Arch Linux forums are a better place to ask about problems with Arch Linux.

Cinnamon is XDG compatible, so you shouldn't need to do anything special for new launchers to show up in the menu. Confirm the package you installed also put a .desktop file in /usr/share/applications (command: pacman -Ql packagename | grep \.desktop). Depending on how fast your computer is, it may take up to a minute or so before a newly installed launcher shows up in the menu. Generally it should be visible immediately unless you are running on something very slow.

Return to “Chat about Linux”