Lubuntu Minimal Install Question

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tone303

Lubuntu Minimal Install Question

Post by tone303 »

Heres the link to Lubuntu Minimal Install as a visual aid to what Im asking a question about to those who happened to know

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubun ... malInstall

The Question:

Does anyone know of Lubuntu Minimal Install (Not Lubuntu regular install) has a software center?

I want a tiny minimal install that has software center where i can then select a few programs to install into lubuntu

I think it would be awfully bad if they didnt choose to keep software center in the minimal version. The whole point of the minimal is to start tiny and add what you need, to add i need software center, im not going to be searching online for .deb or manually installing TARs.

Please tell me this minimal at least has software center on it, or if you dont know, link me to the correct .deb to add software center.

Thank You.

Im going to use this to install Firefox, Abiword, Wine and then a particular windows program. I want a tiny system thats meant for nothing more than booting a windows program for portable use.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tone303

Re: Lubuntu Minimal Install Question

Post by tone303 »

Look how strange that site is, they list the packages that come with "desktop" and "core" but do not specify if desktop means full or minimal install

I find that nearly all technical and computer sites communicate so poorly!
richyrich

Re: Lubuntu Minimal Install Question

Post by richyrich »

Form reading this introduction (from the link you provided), it looks like there is a step where you will be able to choose from Synaptic Package Manager all/only the software you want installed during the installation process.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Insta ... /MinimalCD

Return to “Chat about Linux”