Strange behaviour with Cinnamon on Ubuntu

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Amanoo

Strange behaviour with Cinnamon on Ubuntu

Post by Amanoo »

Hello. I've installed Ubuntu and Cinnamon, and after a lot of tweaking almost got it the way I want it. However, there are a few strange issues left with Cinnamon. First of all, when I put my cursor on the cogs of the menu button, a bigger version of the cog appears around it. It doesn't happen when I put the cursor on the word "Menu", only on the picture next to it. It's ugly as well and I can't figure out how to get rid of the big cog.

Then there are a few menus that behave strangely. In the attached picture, you can see that one window has a part that you can see through. This happens when opening a file with Gedit as well (and probably with a lot of other programs that I haven't tested yet, though it's not present in Firefox's upload program). Then there is another window that has strange black borders that really don't belong in the Ubuntu theme.

Does anyone know the solutions to these problems?

[rimg]http://i.imgur.com/qgNGySI.png[/rimg]
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Strange behaviour with Cinnamon on Ubuntu

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Amanoo.
Please, understand that Ubuntu with Cinnamon is not Linux Mint with Cinnamon. ubuntu is not a Linux Mint Main Edition. Therefore your thread will be relocated from "Main Edition" => "Cinnamon" to "Chat about Linux".
Cheers,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Chat about Linux”