I give up

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BenTrabetere
Level 7
Level 7

Re: I give up

Post by BenTrabetere »

jaross wrote:GIMP is NOT a suitable substitute for Photoshop by any measure

I wouldn't go as far as to say Gimp is not a suitable substitute for Photoshop by any measure, but I would agree that most Photoshop users would find it lacking. The problem I have with Gimp is the same problem I have with PS-Elements; while both are capable programs that can do most of the things I need from PS, the toolset is incomplete and neither fit my workflow.
and I couldn't find a good RAW image editor like Photomatix either.
As for a good RAW image editor, take a look at Luminance HDR, RAWTherapee, UFRaw and Darktable. All are available through Software Manager.

Here is a blog/tutorial that describes an HDR workflow using native Linux applications, and much of the work is done from the command line. All of the programs featured are available through Software Manager.
Patreon sponsor since August 2022
mohaimen

Post by mohaimen »

Flemur wrote: I used Mint 13 with DSL without any problems.
Well good for you. But back then I don't find any solution. May be may be my lan card was not supported by Linux. Because No matter what I do I always get a cross sign and it was my only PC back then and only way to connect internet for help. That was the main reason to ditch mint.
Flemur wrote: You're aware that there are at least a half-dozen good usable file managers ...?
Yes, I know that. I made Nemo default file manger instead of Nautilus. It was working fine. I try to completely replace Nautilus. But Ubuntu's icon and other things are dependent on Nautilus; so I keep both of them. But when I try to extract any archived file through Nemo Ubuntu get stuck (I mean right button "extract here"). So I think why should I spend more time to fix this thing when a stable one is already exist. And another thing is I am a window user (I still use windows 7 to play pc games) so UNITY desktop appearance is not so friendly for me. Seriously it was hideous from the point of usability(from my point of view).

//Pardon my English. It's not my native language.// :oops:
MartyMint
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MartyMint »

jaross wrote:GIMP is NOT a suitable substitute for Photoshop by any measure and I couldn't find a good RAW image editor like Photomatix either.
It is, if you have to pay for your copy of Photoshop...
Aristotelian

Post by Aristotelian »

mohaimen wrote:And another thing is I am a window user (I still use windows 7 to play pc games) so UNITY desktop appearance is not so friendly for me. Seriously it was hideous from the point of usability(from my point of view).

//Pardon my English. It's not my native language.// :oops:
That is the beauty of Linux. If you don't like Unity you can always install another desktop environment that looks more like Windows. Check out XFCE, KDE, or Cinnamon.

Return to “Chat about Linux”