Really like Mint 17.1

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chzuck
Level 3
Level 3

Really like Mint 17.1

Post by chzuck »

There was a learning curve for me trying to learn Linux. Tried several times and gave up, then MS dropped support of XP and I made another effort to try Linux. Kim Kommando's column recommended Mint at the time, so I tried it. I have grown to really like it. I am amazed at how fast it boots up compared to Windows 7, which is on a laptop I recently bought. I run Mint 17.1 on that laptop using a USB stick and it runs great. It takes Windows 7 an eternity to boot up and shut down compared to Mint 17.1. Another great thing is that I am finding software to do just about everything I need to do for FREE! My thanks to all who make Linux and especially Mint work! Thanks also to the many on this forum who have helped with through my learning curve! I still have much to learn, but at least I know where to turn when I am stuck with a problem and have even found my own answers on occasion.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Running Linux Mint 21.1 Vera on a Lenovo T520 laptop

Return to “Chat about Linux”