(Solved) virus

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mike acker
Level 7
Level 7

Linux vulnerable?

Post by mike acker »

is Linux vulnerable to hacks?

here is a recent analysis

Linux is a collection of excellent work that includes a focus on security. I think the greatest hazard for most users lies in software installs. lots of android phones have been compromised by bad apps and a desktop could be compromised if the owner installs some bad software.

with this in mind I try to install stuff only from the repository. I have upgraded LibreOffice from their download site. I would prefer that they would add an MD5 hash, or better yet a pgp signature.
¡Viva la Resistencia!
killer de bug

Re: Linux vulnerable?

Post by killer de bug »

mike acker wrote:lots of android phones have been compromised by bad apps and a desktop could be compromised if the owner installs some bad software.
I hope you see the fundamental difference between ANdroid and Linux. Right? Think again!
Yes that's true. On Android, you don't need to be root to install software. Which make infection by virus possible. On Linux, if you don't install stupid craps...

Return to “Chat about Linux”