Final trip to Debian

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RacerBG

Final trip to Debian

Post by RacerBG »

The title explain the situation very well: I installed Mageia and I'm loving it! :)

I never though that KDE can be so fast and so beautiful if you have a few spare hours to customize it. A little problem was the bloat but all in all Mageia runs so good on my stone age PC. I just can't explain how excited I'm now! 8) I feel that finally I found my distro of choice which will stay on my HDD. I can't believe that I'm on RPM distro now but it's not so scary after all.

Mint/Debian introduced me to Linux and I will be forever grateful to Clem and all the others around here - Mint have the best community. :wink:

PS: It's interesting to notice that exactly KDE+Mageia is my choice because in the past I had never liked the RPM distros and KDE but look at me now... :P

EDIT: Because of dependency hell in Mageia I moved to Debian Testing.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Final trip to Mageia

Post by Pierre »

yeah - Magia is a nice distro
:)
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
RacerBG

Re: Final trip to Mageia

Post by RacerBG »

It's a shame but after a few dependency hell situations I left the Mageia ship! :D

There is nothing like Synaptic and it's functions! RPM distros are EVIL! :twisted:

Anyway what I did after that: Installed Debian with the testing branch, installed the latest KDE and stuff and now I'm a happy Debian user and YES - this time really I found my distro of choice (and thanks to Mint I'm familiar enough with the apt-get commands) so it was a child's game to configure Debian to my own needs.

PS: I installed Mageia 5 times in 3 days because of the reason above and after that I wasn't human anymore... :lol:
Megameneer

Re: Final trip to Debian

Post by Megameneer »

I remember Mageia 4 (or was it 3) as well. It was the first distro that made me get in touch with a pure, harsh, bare console, outside of whatever GUI 8)

Return to “Chat about Linux”