The "Share Your Linux Story/Adventure" thread

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JohnBobSmith

The "Share Your Linux Story/Adventure" thread

Post by JohnBobSmith »

Hello all. I have been using Linux only for just over 2 months now. And boy oh boy, what an adventure it has been! The purpose of this thread is for users who want to share their story/adventures with using Linux. Here is mine...

I've always been a computer nerd. I consider myself to be a little more than average, but not a guru by any means. I started using Linux back in november of last year. I've had lots of fun with it. From attempting to install broken wifi drivers that cause kernel panics, to installing gentoo (which also caused kernel panics), yep, its been fun. I love fixing things, tinkering and modifying things until they break, fixing it again, and rinse and repeat. Maybe it would be wise to adhere to the advice "If it aint broken, don't fix it!" :lol:

I finally ditched Microsoft in september this year. See my signature. I left MS for many, many reasons. My top 3 reasons would have to be...

1) The fact that MS is proprietary and I cant muck with the inner workings of my system
2) Expensive
3) Security (or lack thereof).

Having used Linux only for the past 2 months, I am absolutely loving it. I never see myself going back to a propreitary OS. The community around Linux is fantastic. More and more games and software are being ported over to Linux. I see myself in the future having a good career in something tech based. Filming and such is another big interest of mine. I may join the film industry, or do programming. But I have to get through high school first.

Yup, you read right. I'm still in high school. It really depresses me that most people my age are rather... Odd, so to speak. The word I want to use is stupid, but thats a bit harsh.

All in all, I am loving my Linux adventure. I recently installed Debian wheezey on the desktop. Thats going moderately well. I look forward to hearing your story and adventures with Linux! :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Chat about Linux”