Little Brother joins The Outfit

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mike acker
Level 7
Level 7

Little Brother joins The Outfit

Post by mike acker »

my younger brother has switched to Linux!

I loaded Mint 17 LTS on a Win 8 laptop that he brought me. It was his 2d or alternate unit. Now he tells me he uses it most of the time even including an older copy of Corell/Paint via the WINE emulator

in thinking about this it is interesting to note that by joining us here in open source / Linux he will escape from "Clouds & Services" and all the machinations that the industry is putting itself through these days.

It didn't take any time for him to switch, either, couple weeks maybe. I really think switching onto the Linux track is a much better feeling that getting shuttled off into "the cloud". I'm not at all sure where this cloud stuff is going, except I think the cloud plans on being the boss.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
¡Viva la Resistencia!
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Little Brother joins The Outfit

Post by austin.texas »

mike acker wrote: I'm not at all sure where this cloud stuff is going, except I think the cloud plans on being the boss.
So it's a black cloud.
darkcloud.jpg
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
excollier
Level 4
Level 4

Post by excollier »

^^^Better believe it! Just watch IT jobs start disappearing once it really takes hold.
Registered Linux user #557695
MX Linux user these days - I introduce newbies via Mint
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

good stuff - Mike.
:D
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Chat about Linux”