If you want to leave Linux

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
noelbeth55

Post by noelbeth55 »

I tried on numerous ocassions over the years to get a handle on Mint. Each time i could not get it so back to MS i went. However this time i got the gist of it and i love it and will not be going back to MS again. What i am saying is if you want to go back to MS thats ok. You will keep trying Linux as i did and one day it will all fall into place. I ask one thing, please dont grizzle about it, go gracefully. The day will come when you return to Linux and you like me and many others will love it. I noticed someone wrote on here that because the cost was nil the product must be inferior, well thats not the case. There are millions of people all over the world working on Linux to make it the os it is, that being one far superior to what MS puts out. Well thats it, i have had my say. Have a good day everybody.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
fraxinus_63

Re: If you want to leave Linux

Post by fraxinus_63 »

Well spoken.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

+ 1
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
PatH57

Post by PatH57 »

one can only agree.
RacerBG

Post by RacerBG »

I left it 2 times for a few months but here I am again... And I'm here to stay...

If you touch once the spirit of the free software - you will never again be the same. ;)
wanderer7

Post by wanderer7 »

Well said!
scryan

Post by scryan »

I tried linux like... 5 times, each time walking away thinking how stupid it was to not just use windows... So much more support out there for windows, rather then searching google for lines to copy and paste that wont work, instead I could just use an OS i am used to and find how to fix issues just as easily..
:oops:
I've tried to find a few mini rants I have posted in the past about how linux is a hobby OS for hackers and nothing more, so we all could laugh at me (when new users seem similarly frustrated) but haven't found any... too bad I know I wined pretty good :P

I like the comment about go gracefully. I see so many posts here where new users are trying to convince the rest of the forum page after page that linux is a terrible broken system... Its confusing to see people spend so much time with something they didn't pay for, were not asked to use and they don't like :P

Windows is fine if you don't mind windows. Linux forums are a bit rough on windows, but what else do you expect to end up with when you design an OS for people who don't want to have anything to do with their computers... In the end the OS is a tool, we would love to help you learn linux but just use what works best for you and makes you happy. It is fine to decided you don't like linux, but even better if you try to really learn how it works before giving it up. Because most people who learn enough to really use it, like it more. It REALLY helps to just stop with all the "But in WINDOWS I JUST..." its not windows. Your using a different system forget what you did and learn what you need to do.
CupidsHelper

Post by CupidsHelper »

noelbeth55 wrote:I tried on numerous ocassions over the years to get a handle on Mint. Each time i could not get it so back to MS i went. However this time i got the gist of it and i love it and will not be going back to MS again. What i am saying is if you want to go back to MS thats ok. You will keep trying Linux as i did and one day it will all fall into place. I ask one thing, please dont grizzle about it, go gracefully. The day will come when you return to Linux and you like me and many others will love it. I noticed someone wrote on here that because the cost was nil the product must be inferior, well thats not the case. There are millions of people all over the world working on Linux to make it the os it is, that being one far superior to what MS puts out. Well thats it, i have had my say. Have a good day everybody.
+1 I agree, well worth it to keep trying. :)
DeMus

Post by DeMus »

WHY???????
PatH57

Post by PatH57 »

could you repeat the question? Please :lol:
mbohets

Post by mbohets »

You try to leave it but ..... you come back ... it's pretty addictive.

Watchout, soon the government will outlaw it because people might become addicted :lol:
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

I leave Linux often--when I work on other peoples computers :roll:
And then one must also sleep on occasion :shock:
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
Crewp

Post by Crewp »

I give the OP +1 :D

Return to “Chat about Linux”