KMail

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
noelbeth55

KMail

Post by noelbeth55 »

I have just started using KMail as opposed to Thunderbird. It is the most uncomplicated effective client i have ever used. Give it a try.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ofb

Re: KMail

Post by ofb »

noelbeth55 wrote:uncomplicated effective client
Then you might also like Claws Mail.
noelbeth55

Post by noelbeth55 »

so have you tried Kmail ofb and could you tell me if Claws mail is better
ofb

Post by ofb »

Not certain. Sampled a flurry of clients years ago. Kmail was the default KDE and I rather liked KDE apps, but Kmail did not leave an impression if tried. Other clients I've lived with for long periods are Thud and Opera Mail. Checking the folders, I see I've been using this Claws since at least the bad hdd crash in 2007, so it's been a while. I'd easily give it a 5 star rating as an "uncomplicated effective client".
noelbeth55

Post by noelbeth55 »

thanks, i will give it a try then
Nilla Wafer

Post by Nilla Wafer »

KMail is easy! Clawsmail was like, "What?" Even with add-ons and whatever I couldn't get Claws Mail to do formatting. It says I need an "external editor," so I assume that would be like Libre Office Writer?

KMail just has buttons, like Thunderbird, Opera, and Seamonkey. Bold, Italic, Underline, Color. Insert object. WYSIWYG type editor (What You See Is What You Get). Even easier than this forum, lol.

Being an Xfce girl I use Thunderbird instead of downloading all the KDE library stuff just to use one or two KDE applications (which are awesome by the way), but if/when Thunderbird lets me down again I'll probably give KMail another try.

~nilla
noelbeth55

Post by noelbeth55 »

Well i tried claws mail and found it very uninteresting. i will stick with kmail. if nothing else kmail is easier to setup, not that i am lazy but the general populous has to be catered to. lol
CupidsHelper

Post by CupidsHelper »

For me, I go with Thunderbird. Really simple, plus plugins, addons and part of the open source Mozilla family. Back in the day Opera Mail was my "go to" email client/service, back when Opera was Opera, not the new copy of Chrome. If I had to pick a current close second, it would be Kmail, simple and nice. In Claws Mails' defense, it is pretty low on hardware resources. It is all a matter of comfort and taste, enjoy. :)

Return to “Chat about Linux”