Installation troubles with Kali amd64

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ganon551

Installation troubles with Kali amd64

Post by ganon551 »

Hi guys,

I'm trying to install Kali linux on a hard drive (WD500).

So I launch the live cd, select the "install" choice, then follow the steps til the partition tool.

When I'm here I choose the automatic partition, on the entire disk. The tool is giving me two partitions, one in ext4, and another for swap. So I choose to continue with this, and the installation crash at creating the ext4 filesystem.

I did it with two hard drives, I'm sure that the two of them works, I launched the SMART scan on it, and I use them with windows and data storage for several time.

Even when I try to do it manually it doesn't works, I put a logical partition for swap, and an ext4 primary partition, and the creation of ext4 filesystem doesn't works too.

Do you guys have any solution for me ?

I'm running on a 8350 phenom, with a 990FXA gigabyte MB.
My kali is a x64 Gnome version.

Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Installation troubles with Kali amd64

Post by karlchen »

Hello, ganon551.

I had to move your thread away from the "Main Edition" sector to the "Chat about Linux" sector, because Kali Linux is not a main Linux Mint distribution.

Kind regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Chat about Linux”