Can't Download Browsers in Lucid Puppy?

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pcpunk
Level 5
Level 5

Can't Download Browsers in Lucid Puppy?

Post by pcpunk »

I was having an issue with Chromium so I uninstalled it. Then I tried to re-install it and all the others, but nothing! I tried to install from the quickpet and Software Manager both (I think that is what it is called) I choose all browsers one by one but none of them would download. I also tried all depositories but again nothing? Don't get it but I will go back and try updating the S.M. as I read at another site. Please help so that I can start trying out this O.S. and see if it is to my liking. Any info that helps would be very appreciated. I still don't even know which one would be the best for me. This really sucks, I went through the internet connection wizard twice to make sure I was connected and I was but still nothing. What is the dam deal! argh. Also is there an easy more descripted place to see if I am connected to the www?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
HP Compaq nx7400, Cinnamon 19.2
Intel R Core™2CPU, T5500@1.66GHz, 4GB Crucial RAM
Super Clean Runs Perfect
ClutchDisc

Re: Can't Download Browsers in Lucid Puppy?

Post by ClutchDisc »

I haven't used Lucid Puppy, I think I remember hearing that one was kind of weird in how you had to select the browser at the beginning or something? I'm not sure. I use Precise Puppy and it's easy to install a browser. I'm a little confused though.. I thought you got more RAM and had installed Linux Mint???
eanfrid

Post by eanfrid »

pcpunk wrote:What is the dam deal?
Ubuntu Lucid has reached end-of-life and end-of-support since a long time ago (April 2013). The Ubuntu repositories which Lucid Puppy relied upon are hence no longer available.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hello, pcpunk.

Puppy Linux is definitely not the Linux Mint Main edition, it is not even Linux Mint, and Lucid Puppy has reached the end of its lifetime. Moved to "Chat about Linux".
The primary sources of information on Puppy should be Puppy Wiki and the Puppy forum.
Apart from this, it is advisable to switch to Long-term Puppy based on Precise Pangolin and apply available updates (.PET software packages).

Kind regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
pcpunk
Level 5
Level 5

Post by pcpunk »

ClutchDisc wrote:I haven't used Lucid Puppy, I think I remember hearing that one was kind of weird in how you had to select the browser at the beginning or something? I'm not sure. I use Precise Puppy and it's easy to install a browser. I'm a little confused though.. I thought you got more RAM and had installed Linux Mint???
CD, I did get more RAM and istallled LMMQ17 but still need a fall back if I have issues when playing around with LMMQ. I could have installed LMMQ with the RAM I had but I wanted to be abe to try them with LiveUSB and that required more RAM. I could not even use PrecisePuppy on LIveUSB with the RAM I had. I don't understand though as I thought Lupu was a up to date distro.
Super Clean Runs Perfect
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

pcpunk wrote:I don't understand though as I thought Lupu was a up to date distro.
Admitted. One might consider the way how the different Puppy editions are presented a little confusing. Finding the page where you can read that Lucid Puppy is superseded is not really trivial. But this is nothing which we will be able to change.
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
ClutchDisc

Post by ClutchDisc »

If you want to use a Puppy distro you are best off with Precise.
pcpunk
Level 5
Level 5

Post by pcpunk »

ClutchDisc wrote:If you want to use a Puppy distro you are best off with Precise.
I am going to Fatdog64, thanks!
Super Clean Runs Perfect
ClutchDisc

Post by ClutchDisc »

pcpunk wrote:I am going to Fatdog64, thanks!
??? :?: :!: :? :)
WinterTroubles

Post by WinterTroubles »

ClutchDisc

Post by ClutchDisc »

:lol: :lol: :lol: haha I thought he was talking to me... And here I was thinking that's not my username... :lol: :wink:
WinterTroubles

Post by WinterTroubles »

ClutchDisc wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: haha I thought he was talking to me... And here I was thinking that's not my username... :lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol: Maybe change you user name and confuse everyone else who reads this thread in the future as well 8) :lol:
ClutchDisc

Post by ClutchDisc »

Nahhh... I like my username. :mrgreen: :lol:

Return to “Chat about Linux”