Ubuntu 14.04 rocks guys!! Did anyone test it on a tablet?

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brahim Salem

Ubuntu 14.04 rocks guys!! Did anyone test it on a tablet?

Post by Brahim Salem »

I have been runnig Ubuntu 14.04 beta for a while, from a USB then full installation, and I'm surprised about the elgance and speed of it :D bellisemo :D :D excellent :D but i don't know whether it supports tablets and all. Did anyone test it on a tablet?

I can't wait to see Linux Mint 17 and how the guys will profit from Trusty :D Make it a revolution just like Katya guys :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Eggnog
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Ubuntu 14.04 rocks guys!! Did anyone test it on a tablet

Post by Eggnog »

I haven't checked out Ubuntu for a long time. Are the min, max, close buttons still on the wrong side?
craig10x

Post by craig10x »

Yes...well, that's the "mac style"...kind of goes with the unity dock actually...good match...i believe you can change that with ubuntu tweak app...
I like it that way myself... :wink:

A new feature in 14.04 is that you can put the "global menus" back on the apps (i turned that on as soon as they added it) and the nice part is it doesn't affect the "global" top panel which remains space efficient as it is when the global menus are turned on...so, when surfing, you lose no real estate as before...so kind of like having your cake and eating it too :lol:
Eggnog
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Eggnog »

I've thought about trying Ubuntu again on my tower connected to the TV in the living room, with the Unity environment. Right now I've got Mint 16 Cinnamon on it but I was thinking about something less desktop-y looking. I basically use it for streaming TV shows, Netflix, Hulu, etc., and the occasional web surfing. I haven't had cable in a couple of years and don't miss it a bit. I'm wondering if Unity would be a good choice.

Return to “Chat about Linux”