Ubuntu One is shutting down

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brahim Salem

Ubuntu One is shutting down

Post by Brahim Salem »

Today we are announcing plans to shut down the Ubuntu One file services. This is a tough decision, particularly when our users rely so heavily on the functionality that Ubuntu One provides. However, like any company, we want to focus our efforts on our most important strategic initiatives and ensure we are not spread too thin.
complete story here http://voices.canonical.com/ubuntuone/2 ... -services/

why Ubuntu!!!!Why!!! :( :(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Ubuntu One is shutting down

Post by xenopeek »

Zorba wrote:why Ubuntu!!!!Why!!! :( :(
You haven't read the link you shared? They answer pretty clearly why.
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

I read it but even websites like noobslab and all rely on it and they said they will have to redo things all over! but anyways Ubuntu 14.04 like be out soon and I think it will prove them right! I agree with them on their focus on tablets and all phones; I can't wait to grab an Ubuntu tablet and I wish Mint will follow suit soon :D :D
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Zorba wrote:I wish Mint will follow suit soon :D :D
:? You know this isn't going to happen... There is no ARM release of Mint, and Clem isn't interested in developing for touch. Except for KDE, none of the Mint editions are suitable for touch anyway...
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Yes but what will happen when Cinnamon reaches a closed road!!! did they ever think of that? It is already fully fledged and almost complete :D We should not turn our backs to the future man :D I wish I could convince him to revive MGCE for that purpose :(

PS one day people will get bored with classics and they will force the change that's our only hope :D I'm an Arab (or so the majority say so) and I'm supposed to be more connservative than Europeans or Americans but I still think Man had enough of past and needs a future :D
Previous1

Post by Previous1 »

At least I won't have to -again- register my Ubuntu forum account.
The shutdown will not affect the Ubuntu One single sign on service, the Ubuntu One payment service, or the backend U1DB database service.
Eggnog
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Eggnog »

I don't blame them. Ubuntu really don't have much to gain from running Ubuntu One, especially if they want to concentrate their focus elsewhere.

Return to “Chat about Linux”