Installing Cinnamon 2 on Debian Wheezy

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
adebianuser

Installing Cinnamon 2 on Debian Wheezy

Post by adebianuser »

Hi all,

I have unsuccessfully tried to install the very latest version of cinnamon 2 on debian wheezy using this guide: http://segfault.linuxmint.com/2013/10/h ... -from-git/

whenever I get to compiling cinnamon-settings-daemon and cinnamon-control-center, nemo is a missing dependency that then breaks the build (for both packages) and errors out.
I then tried to compile nemo, which also failed as cinnamon-settings-daemon is a requirement for nemo and neither can be compiled. No matter what I have tried, I just keep going round in that loop.

My next question is how can I install the latest STABLE build of cinnamon+dependencies on debian wheezy without ending up in the above loop?

(Please note - I don't want to add the LMDE repos to a vanilla debian system and do it that way as I have had a few issues with it before. Also LMDE is a bit to bloated for my liking, hence why I am trying to build it on wheezy)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
killer de bug

Re: Installing Cinnamon 2 on Debian Wheezy

Post by killer de bug »

You probably need to take the missing Nemo dependencies in Jessie. Remember that Cinnamon 2.0 was developed on top of Debian Testing.
adebianuser

Post by adebianuser »

killer de bug wrote:You probably need to take the missing Nemo dependencies in Jessie. Remember that Cinnamon 2.0 was developed on top of Debian Testing.
I've given up with wheezy and managed to get it working in Jessie. The only problem I have now is that apturl isn't packaged for debian (and I cannot find any source code) so cannot get nemo-share working, but I can live without it for now.
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

Ohhh glad you solved this. :D

Return to “Chat about Linux”