Linux kernel 3.14

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mike acker
Level 7
Level 7

Linux kernel 3.14

Post by mike acker »

an article on ars technic talks about new Linux kernels

there was this
The latest stable release of Linux was version 3.13.6. Linux 3.14 could be released in the coming days, with improved Intel Broadwell graphics support, updates to the open source Nvidia driver, enablement of dynamic power management for newer AMD Radeon graphics cards, support for Logitech's Dual Action Gamepad, and other upgrades.
some of the new support will probably be interesting to some of our users/prospects

how does the new kernel get incorporated into LMDE/201403
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
¡Viva la Resistencia!
Previous1

Re: Linux kernel 3.14

Post by Previous1 »

how does the new kernel get incorporated into LMDE/201403
In the next update pack after it got to Testing? Both it and Sid have 3.13 right now.

But if you're impatient you can try the siduction kernel - no guarantees. ;) Or compile it yourself.
kurotsugi

Post by kurotsugi »

http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/linux.html

debian experimental have 3.14rc7. the final version isn't ready yet. we usually wait several weeks until new kernel enter unstable and 10 days more until it enter testing. LMDE UP didn't have regular period. next UP could be in next 3, 6 or 9 month later. at that time we might got 3.15.
mike acker
Level 7
Level 7

Post by mike acker »

cool, thanks
I'm an ORF* now so I'll wait for the RC
then my contribution will be installing the RC
and whatever remarks & comments may result from that
~

*ORF = Old, Retired Fellow
¡Viva la Resistencia!