The unofficial LMDE KDE UP5 [UPDATE: 16/10/2012]

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Schoelje

Re: The unofficial LMDE KDE UP5

Post by Schoelje »

TeaSwigger wrote:-Since having started the DDM to double check what it said, the welcome screen appears every time I login, ignoring my having unchecked the "start every time" option.
I think I see why that happens.
Could you run this code, uncheck the checkbox and reboot?

Code: Select all

wget -c http://www.schoelje.nl/lmdekde/packages/welcome-screen_0.1.0_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i welcome-screen_0.1.0_all.deb
welcome-screen
TeaSwigger wrote:-Sometimes when I change a color scheme, plasma reverts to what may be a default system color scheme instead.
Could you specify "Sometimes"?
If you can explain the steps you took, I might be able to reproduce it and see if I can do something about it.
TeaSwigger
Level 3
Level 3

Post by TeaSwigger »

Schoelje wrote:
TeaSwigger wrote:-Since having started the DDM to double check what it said, the welcome screen appears every time I login, ignoring my having unchecked the "start every time" option.
I think I see why that happens.
Could you run this code, uncheck the checkbox and reboot?

welcome-screen
This solved the problem. :)
TeaSwigger wrote:-Sometimes when I change a color scheme, plasma reverts to what may be a default system color scheme instead.
Could you specify "Sometimes"?
If you can explain the steps you took, I might be able to reproduce it and see if I can do something about it.
If I do find out how to make it happen every time I'll let you know.
“You can make a strong business case for equality but not everyone wants to hear it.” - Prof. Kate Pickett

Mint 20.2 xfce w/nemo - AMD A10 7700K APU - spdif to Bifrost DAC - Dell U2415
some favs: Zim, deadbeef, kid3, gimp, artha, deluge, handbrake, mc
Schoelje

Post by Schoelje »

I've added the welcome-screen patch to the "Known Bugs" section at the beginning of this thread.

All in all, this is a very interesting learning experience:
- When to decide that good is good enough.
- Live with the fact that it might not be good enough for everybody.
- Decide what to fix or when a work around is sufficient.
- Live with failure and decide what to do about it.
- Live with the fact that sleep is highly overrated.
- Live with the fact that it's still fun to do.
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

TeaSwigger wrote:Under System Settings > Application Appearance should be "GTK+ Appearance." There you should have the option for oxygen-gtk. This should make GTK apps resemble KDE's default Oxygen style. Another option you may want is QTCurve. QTCurve is highly customizable and can style both KDE and GTK styles alike. Search for it in the package manager. Then QTCurve settings for KDE will be under Style and there will be a QTCurve option added to GTK+ Appearance. The GTK apps will then look however you configure QTCurve (in Style) to look. QTCurve includes some pre-made styles and more are available for example at kde-look.org.
if you have the KDE-GTK configuration app installed there's an extra module under Style that's labeled Gtk Configuration.
KDE-GTK congif window under KDE 4.8.png
That's what I use to configure the look of GTK apps.
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

Schoelje wrote:Welcome Screen keeps reappearing on boot
Run the following code, uncheck the check box, close the welcome screen and reboot:

welcome-screen
I ran that on my system (not installed from the current ISO so that may be why) and I got an error when running the new welcome-screen.

$ wget -c http://www.schoelje.nl/lmdekde/packages/welcome-screen_0.1.0_all.deb
--2012-09-30 08:25:19--  http://www.schoelje.nl/lmdekde/packages/welcome-screen_0.1.0_all.deb
Resolving www.schoelje.nl (www.schoelje.nl)... 31.204.152.152
Connecting to www.schoelje.nl (www.schoelje.nl)|31.204.152.152|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 206 Partial Content
Length: 32446 (32K), 54 remaining
Saving to: `welcome-screen_0.1.0_all.deb'

100%[++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>] 32,446      --.-K/s   in 0s      

2012-09-30 08:25:19 (2.61 MB/s) - `welcome-screen_0.1.0_all.deb' saved [32446/32446]

$ sudo dpkg -i welcome-screen_0.1.0_all.deb
[sudo] password for bpeng: 
(Reading database ... 203402 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace welcome-screen 0.1.0 (using welcome-screen_0.1.0_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement welcome-screen ...
Setting up welcome-screen (0.1.0) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
$ welcome-screen
DEBUG     Startup command: python /usr/lib/welcome-screen/ws.py
DEBUG     Command to execute: cat /etc/*-release | grep DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/welcome-screen/ws.py", line 292, in <module>
    app.main()
  File "/usr/lib/welcome-screen/ws.py", line 235, in main
    self.desktop = functions.getDesktop().upper()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'getDesktop'
$ 
Schoelje

Post by Schoelje »

@BostonPeng
Could you post the output of the following line:

lsb_release -c
and

cat /etc/*-release | grep ^ID
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

Sure thing.

$  lsb_release -c
Codename:       debian  
I did go back and get the latest welcome-screen from the UP4 screen and install it but I'll be glad to test new mods to help get it ready for new users. I'm already getting nice traffic on the article I wrote about this update so I know people are wanting to give it a spin.
Schoelje

Post by Schoelje »

Did you install DDM?

wget -c http://www.schoelje.nl/lmdekde/packages/device-driver-manager_0.1.0_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i device-driver-manager_0.1.0_all.deb
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

It's been installed for some time.

$  apt policy device-driver-manager
device-driver-manager:                                                                    
  Installed: 0.1.0                                                                        
  Candidate: 0.1.0                                                                        
  Version table:                                                                          
 *** 0.1.0 0                                                                              
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status        
Schoelje

Post by Schoelje »

Could you humor me and reinstall it with the wget I posted before?
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

Sorry about that. I didn't realize it was a new version. I installed the new DDM and reinstalled the new welcome-screen and everything ran without a problem I can see.

$ wget -c http://www.schoelje.nl/lmdekde/packages/device-driver-manager_0.1.0_all.deb
--2012-09-30 09:25:41--  http://www.schoelje.nl/lmdekde/packages/device-driver-manager_0.1.0_all.deb
Connecting to www.schoelje.nl (www.schoelje.nl)|31.204.152.152|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 37446 (37K)
Saving to: `device-driver-manager_0.1.0_all.deb'

100%[============================================>] 37,446      19.9K/s   in 1.8s    

2012-09-30 09:25:45 (19.9 KB/s) - `device-driver-manager_0.1.0_all.deb' saved [37446/37446]

$ sudo dpkg -i device-driver-manager_0.1.0_all.deb
[sudo] password for ******: 
(Reading database ... 203402 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace device-driver-manager 0.1.0 (using device-driver-manager_0.1.0_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement device-driver-manager ...
Setting up device-driver-manager (0.1.0) ...
$ wget -c http://www.schoelje.nl/lmdekde/packages/welcome-screen_0.1.0_all.deb
--2012-09-30 09:26:12--  http://www.schoelje.nl/lmdekde/packages/welcome-screen_0.1.0_all.deb
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 32446 (32K)
Saving to: `welcome-screen_0.1.0_all.deb'

100%[============================================>] 32,446      34.3K/s   in 0.9s    

2012-09-30 09:26:15 (34.3 KB/s) - `welcome-screen_0.1.0_all.deb' saved [32446/32446]

$ sudo dpkg -i welcome-screen_0.1.0_all.deb
(Reading database ... 203404 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace welcome-screen 0.1.0 (using welcome-screen_0.1.0_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement welcome-screen ...
Setting up welcome-screen (0.1.0) ...
$ welcome-screen
DEBUG     Startup command: python /usr/lib/welcome-screen/ws.py
DEBUG     Command to execute: cat /etc/*-release | grep DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION
INFO      Add get started item: Sponsors
INFO      Add get started item: Donations
INFO      Add get started item: Forums
INFO      Add get started item: User guide (PDF)
INFO      Add support item: Chat room
INFO      Add support item: Get involved
INFO      Add support item: Known problems
INFO      Add support item: Idea pool
INFO      Add support item: Software reviews
INFO      Add support item: Tutorials
DEBUG     Create list store eval string: gtk.ListStore(gtk.gdk.Pixbuf, str, str, int)
DEBUG     Create column names: ['Column 0', 'Column 1', 'Column 2']
DEBUG     Add data to list store (single-column list): liststore.append( [gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file("/usr/share/welcome-screen/man.png"), "Sponsors", "http://www.linuxmint.com/sponsors.php", 400] )
DEBUG     Add data to list store (single-column list): liststore.append( [gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file("/usr/share/welcome-screen/portrait.png"), "Donations", "http://www.linuxmint.com/donors.php", 400] )
DEBUG     Add data to list store (single-column list): liststore.append( [gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file("/usr/share/welcome-screen/question.png"), "Forums", "http://forums.linuxmint.com", 400] )
DEBUG     Add data to list store (single-column list): liststore.append( [gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file("/usr/share/welcome-screen/acroread.png"), "User guide (PDF)", "http://www.linuxmint.com/documentation.php", 400] )
DEBUG     Last visible column nr: 1
DEBUG     Create column: gtk.TreeViewColumn("Column 0", gtk.CellRendererPixbuf(), pixbuf=0)
DEBUG     Column added: Column 0
DEBUG     Create column: gtk.TreeViewColumn("Column 1", gtk.CellRendererText(), text=1, weight=3)
DEBUG     Last column fills treeview: 1
DEBUG     Column added: Column 1
DEBUG     Hide column nr: 2
DEBUG     Add Liststrore to Treeview
DEBUG     Scrolled to selected row: 0
DEBUG     Command to execute: cat /etc/*-release | grep DISTRIB_CODENAME
DEBUG     Command to execute: apt-cache policy nvidia-detect
DEBUG     Package is installed: nvidia-detect
DEBUG     Command to execute: lspci | grep VGA
INFO      Get the appropriate Nvidia driver
DEBUG     Command to execute: nvidia-detect | grep nvidia- | tr -d ' '
INFO      nvidia-glx
INFO      Nvidia driver to install: nvidia-glx
DEBUG     Command to execute: apt-cache policy nvidia-glx
DEBUG     Package is installed: nvidia-glx
DEBUG     Package status: installed
DEBUG     Command to execute: lspci | grep VGA | grep ATI
DEBUG     Command to execute: lspci | grep Broadcom
DEBUG     Command to execute: uname -r
INFO      3.2.0-3-686-pae
INFO      Multi-core already installed: 3.2.0-3-686-pae
DEBUG     Search for extensions: ['.png', '.jpg', '.jpeg', '.gif']
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/broadcom.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/question.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/warning.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/xchat.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/codecs.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/acroread.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/portrait.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/idea.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/hr.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/installed.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/uninstallable.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/message.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/pae.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/info.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/ati.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/hardware.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/nvidia.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/review.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/notinstalled.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/man.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/new.png
DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/empty.png
INFO      Hardware image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/nvidia.png
INFO      Add item: NVIDIA Corporation G86 [Quadro NVS 140M] (rev a1)
DEBUG     Preselect: False
INFO      Hardware image found: /usr/share/welcome-screen/pae.png
INFO      Add item: Multi-core support for 32-bit systems
DEBUG     Preselect: False
DEBUG     Create list store eval string: gtk.ListStore(bool, gtk.gdk.Pixbuf, gtk.gdk.Pixbuf, str, str, str, int)
DEBUG     Create column names: ['Column 0', 'Column 1', 'Column 2', 'Column 3', 'Column 4', 'Column 5']
DEBUG     Add data to list store (single-column list): liststore.append( [False, gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file("/usr/share/welcome-screen/installed.png"), gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file("/usr/share/welcome-screen/nvidia.png"), "NVIDIA Corporation G86 [Quadro NVS 140M] (rev a1)", "nvidia", "installed", 400] )
DEBUG     Add data to list store (single-column list): liststore.append( [False, gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file("/usr/share/welcome-screen/installed.png"), gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file("/usr/share/welcome-screen/pae.png"), "Multi-core support for 32-bit systems", "pae", "installed", 400] )
DEBUG     Last visible column nr: 4
DEBUG     Create column: gtk.TreeViewColumn("Column 0", gtk.CellRendererToggle(), active=0)
DEBUG     Check box found: add toggle function
DEBUG     Column added: Column 0
DEBUG     Create column: gtk.TreeViewColumn("Column 1", gtk.CellRendererPixbuf(), pixbuf=1)
DEBUG     Column added: Column 1
DEBUG     Create column: gtk.TreeViewColumn("Column 2", gtk.CellRendererPixbuf(), pixbuf=2)
DEBUG     Column added: Column 2
DEBUG     Create column: gtk.TreeViewColumn("Column 3", gtk.CellRendererText(), text=3, weight=6)
DEBUG     Column added: Column 3
DEBUG     Hide column nr: 4
DEBUG     Hide column nr: 5
DEBUG     Add Liststrore to Treeview
DEBUG     Scrolled to selected row: 0
INFO      noflag file not found
$ 
I didn't have DDM reinstall the drivers or kernel because they're already installed and running properly. Should I have DDM install them again and capture the terminal output?
Schoelje

Post by Schoelje »

BostonPeng wrote:Should I have DDM install them again and capture the terminal output?
No, that won't be necessary.
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

Schoelje wrote:
BostonPeng wrote:Should I have DDM install them again and capture the terminal output?
No, that won't be necessary.
That's what I thought but I wanted to make sure. I love seeing how your little project is growing and how popular it's getting. It's exactly what so many of us have been asking for.
GeneC

Post by GeneC »

Just installed latest .iso = lmdekde64_up5_20120929.iso.torrent

1. Installation went without a hitch (about 15 minutes)
2. Welcome Screen loaded fine.
3. DDM correctly identified my Graphic Card, and installed driver. No problems.
Log

30-09-2012 11:18:24 main                          INFO      Write debug information to file: /home/gene/ddm.log
30-09-2012 11:18:24 main                          DEBUG     Startup command: gksu --message "<b>Please enter your password</b>" python /usr/lib/device-driver-manager/ddm.py :d :l /home/gene/ddm.log
30-09-2012 11:18:39 ddm.main                      INFO      Checking your hardware...
30-09-2012 11:18:39 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: cat /etc/*-release | grep DISTRIB_CODENAME
30-09-2012 11:18:39 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: apt-cache policy nvidia-detect
30-09-2012 11:18:39 drivers.getPackageStatus      DEBUG     Package not installed: nvidia-detect
30-09-2012 11:18:39 nvidia.getNvidia              INFO      Install nvidia-detect
30-09-2012 11:18:39 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: apt-get -y --force-yes install nvidia-detect
30-09-2012 11:18:39 execcmd.run                   INFO      Reading package lists...
30-09-2012 11:18:39 execcmd.run                   INFO      Building dependency tree...
30-09-2012 11:18:39 execcmd.run                   INFO      Reading state information...
30-09-2012 11:18:40 execcmd.run                   INFO      The following NEW packages will be installed:
30-09-2012 11:18:40 execcmd.run                   INFO      nvidia-detect
30-09-2012 11:18:45 execcmd.run                   INFO      0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
30-09-2012 11:18:45 execcmd.run                   INFO      Need to get 86.8 kB of archives.
30-09-2012 11:18:45 execcmd.run                   INFO      After this operation, 111 kB of additional disk space will be used.
30-09-2012 11:18:45 execcmd.run                   INFO      Get:1 http://lmde-mirror.gwendallebihan.net/latest/ testing/non-free nvidia-detect amd64 302.17-3 [86.8 kB]
30-09-2012 11:18:45 execcmd.run                   INFO      dpkg-preconfigure: unable to re-open stdin: No such file or directory
30-09-2012 11:18:46 execcmd.run                   INFO      Fetched 86.8 kB in 5s (15.3 kB/s)
30-09-2012 11:18:46 execcmd.run                   INFO      Selecting previously unselected package nvidia-detect.
30-09-2012 11:18:47 execcmd.run                   INFO      (Reading database ... 
(Reading database ... 5%
(Reading database ... 10%
(Reading database ... 15%
(Reading database ... 20%
(Reading database ... 25%
(Reading database ... 30%
(Reading database ... 35%
(Reading database ... 40%
(Reading database ... 45%
(Reading database ... 50%
(Reading database ... 55%
(Reading database ... 60%
(Reading database ... 65%
(Reading database ... 70%
(Reading database ... 75%
(Reading database ... 80%
(Reading database ... 85%
(Reading database ... 90%
(Reading database ... 95%
(Reading database ... 100%
(Reading database ... 138222 files and directories currently installed.)
30-09-2012 11:18:47 execcmd.run                   INFO      Unpacking nvidia-detect (from .../nvidia-detect_302.17-3_amd64.deb) ...
30-09-2012 11:18:48 execcmd.run                   INFO      Setting up nvidia-detect (302.17-3) ...
30-09-2012 11:18:50 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: lspci | grep VGA
30-09-2012 11:18:50 nvidia.getNvidia              INFO      Get the appropriate Nvidia driver
30-09-2012 11:18:50 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: nvidia-detect | grep nvidia- | tr -d ' '
30-09-2012 11:18:50 execcmd.run                   INFO      nvidia-glx
30-09-2012 11:18:50 nvidia.getNvidia              INFO      Nvidia driver to install: nvidia-glx
30-09-2012 11:18:50 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: apt-cache policy nvidia-glx
30-09-2012 11:18:50 drivers.getPackageStatus      DEBUG     Package not installed: nvidia-glx
30-09-2012 11:18:50 nvidia.getNvidia              DEBUG     Package status: notinstalled
30-09-2012 11:18:50 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: lspci | grep VGA | grep ATI
30-09-2012 11:18:50 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: lspci | grep Broadcom
30-09-2012 11:18:50 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: uname -r
30-09-2012 11:18:50 execcmd.run                   INFO      3.2.0-3-amd64
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Search for extensions: ['.png', '.jpg', '.jpeg', '.gif']
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/installed.png
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/ati.png
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/uninstallable.png
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/pae.png
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/notinstalled.png
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/mirror.png
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/broadcom.png
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/nvidia.png
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/empty.png
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/logo.png
30-09-2012 11:18:50 ddm.fillHardware              INFO      Hardware image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/nvidia.png
30-09-2012 11:18:50 ddm.fillHardware              INFO      Add item: NVIDIA Corporation GF104 [GeForce GTX 460] (rev a1)
30-09-2012 11:18:50 ddm.fillHardware              DEBUG     Preselect: True
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Create list store eval string: gtk.ListStore(bool, gtk.gdk.Pixbuf, gtk.gdk.Pixbuf, str, str, str, int)
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Create column names: ['Column 0', 'Column 1', 'Column 2', 'Column 3', 'Column 4', 'Column 5']
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Add data to list store (single-column list): liststore.append( [True, gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file("/usr/share/device-driver-manager/notinstalled.png"), gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file("/usr/share/device-driver-manager/nvidia.png"), "NVIDIA Corporation GF104 [GeForce GTX 460] (rev a1)", "nvidia", "notinstalled", 400] )
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Last visible column nr: 4
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Create column: gtk.TreeViewColumn("Column 0", gtk.CellRendererToggle(), active=0)
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Check box found: add toggle function
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Column added: Column 0
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Create column: gtk.TreeViewColumn("Column 1", gtk.CellRendererPixbuf(), pixbuf=1)
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Column added: Column 1
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Create column: gtk.TreeViewColumn("Column 2", gtk.CellRendererPixbuf(), pixbuf=2)
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Column added: Column 2
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Create column: gtk.TreeViewColumn("Column 3", gtk.CellRendererText(), text=3, weight=6)
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Column added: Column 3
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Hide column nr: 4
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Hide column nr: 5
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Add Liststrore to Treeview
30-09-2012 11:18:50 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Scrolled to selected row: 0
30-09-2012 11:19:06 ddm.handleHardware            INFO      install hardware code: nvidia
30-09-2012 11:19:06 ddm.handleHardware            INFO      Start driver install thread
30-09-2012 11:19:06 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: cat /etc/*-release | grep DISTRIB_CODENAME
30-09-2012 11:19:06 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: apt-cache policy nvidia-detect
30-09-2012 11:19:06 ddm.installHardware           DEBUG     Check every 5 seconds if thread is still active
30-09-2012 11:19:55 drivers.getPackageStatus      DEBUG     Package is installed: nvidia-detect
30-09-2012 11:19:57 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: nvidia-detect | grep nvidia- | tr -d ' '
30-09-2012 11:20:31 execcmd.run                   INFO      nvidia-glx
30-09-2012 11:20:56 nvidia.installNvidiaDriver    DEBUG     Is package installed: nvidia-kernel-dkms
30-09-2012 11:20:57 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: apt search nvidia-kernel-dkms | grep ^i | wc -l
30-09-2012 11:21:41 nvidia.installNvidiaDriver    DEBUG     Is package installed: nvidia-glx
30-09-2012 11:21:47 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: apt search nvidia-glx | grep ^i | wc -l
30-09-2012 11:23:10 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: apt-get -y --force-yes install nvidia-support nvidia-installer-cleanup
30-09-2012 11:23:27 execcmd.run                   INFO      Reading package lists...
30-09-2012 11:23:27 execcmd.run                   INFO      Building dependency tree...
30-09-2012 11:23:31 execcmd.run                   INFO      Reading state information...
30-09-2012 11:23:38 execcmd.run                   INFO      The following NEW packages will be installed:
30-09-2012 11:23:46 execcmd.run                   INFO      nvidia-installer-cleanup nvidia-support
30-09-2012 11:24:01 execcmd.run                   INFO      0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
30-09-2012 11:24:20 execcmd.run                   INFO      Need to get 33.6 kB of archives.
30-09-2012 11:24:29 execcmd.run                   INFO      After this operation, 64.5 kB of additional disk space will be used.
30-09-2012 11:24:37 execcmd.run                   INFO      Get:1 http://lmde-mirror.gwendallebihan.net/latest/ testing/contrib nvidia-installer-cleanup amd64 20120630+1 [17.7 kB]
30-09-2012 11:24:39 execcmd.run                   INFO      Get:2 http://lmde-mirror.gwendallebihan.net/latest/ testing/contrib nvidia-support amd64 20120630+1 [15.9 kB]
30-09-2012 11:24:48 execcmd.run                   INFO      dpkg-preconfigure: unable to re-open stdin: No such file or directory
30-09-2012 11:24:57 execcmd.run                   INFO      Fetched 33.6 kB in 5s (5,949 B/s)
30-09-2012 11:25:28 execcmd.run                   INFO      Selecting previously unselected package nvidia-installer-cleanup.
30-09-2012 11:26:13 execcmd.run                   INFO      (Reading database ... 
(Reading database ... 5%
(Reading database ... 138237 files and directories currently installed.)
30-09-2012 11:26:18 execcmd.run                   INFO      Unpacking nvidia-installer-cleanup (from .../nvidia-installer-cleanup_20120630+1_amd64.deb) ...
30-09-2012 11:26:30 execcmd.run                   INFO      Selecting previously unselected package nvidia-support.
30-09-2012 11:26:36 execcmd.run                   INFO      Unpacking nvidia-support (from .../nvidia-support_20120630+1_amd64.deb) ...
30-09-2012 11:26:45 execcmd.run                   INFO      Processing triggers for man-db ...
30-09-2012 11:26:55 execcmd.run                   INFO      Setting up nvidia-installer-cleanup (20120630+1) ...
30-09-2012 11:27:02 execcmd.run                   INFO      Setting up nvidia-support (20120630+1) ...
30-09-2012 11:27:34 nvidia.installNvidiaDriver    DEBUG     Install drivers:  nvidia-kernel-dkms build-essential nvidia-xconfig nvidia-glx nvidia-settings
30-09-2012 11:27:34 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: apt-get -y --force-yes install nvidia-kernel-dkms build-essential nvidia-xconfig nvidia-glx nvidia-settings
30-09-2012 11:27:56 execcmd.run                   INFO      Reading package lists...
30-09-2012 11:28:03 execcmd.run                   INFO      Building dependency tree...
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      Reading state information...
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      build-essential is already the newest version.
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      The following extra packages will be installed:
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      glx-alternative-mesa glx-alternative-nvidia glx-diversions
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      libgl1-nvidia-alternatives libgl1-nvidia-glx libglx-nvidia-alternatives
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      libxnvctrl0 nvidia-alternative nvidia-kernel-common nvidia-vdpau-driver
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      xserver-xorg-video-nvidia
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      Recommended packages:
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      nvidia-kernel-302.17 libgl1-nvidia-glx-any
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      The following NEW packages will be installed:
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      glx-alternative-mesa glx-alternative-nvidia glx-diversions
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      libgl1-nvidia-alternatives libgl1-nvidia-glx libglx-nvidia-alternatives
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      libxnvctrl0 nvidia-alternative nvidia-glx nvidia-kernel-common
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      nvidia-kernel-dkms nvidia-settings nvidia-vdpau-driver nvidia-xconfig
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      xserver-xorg-video-nvidia
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      0 upgraded, 15 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      Need to get 25.6 MB of archives.
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      After this operation, 84.4 MB of additional disk space will be used.
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      Get:1 http://lmde-mirror.gwendallebihan.net/latest/ testing/contrib glx-diversions amd64 0.2.2 [9,474 B]
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      Get:2 http://lmde-mirror.gwendallebihan.net/latest/ testing/contrib glx-alternative-mesa amd64 0.2.2 [2,906 B]
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      Get:3 http://lmde-mirror.gwendallebihan.net/latest/ testing/contrib glx-alternative-nvidia amd64 0.2.2 [2,890 B]
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      Get:4 http://lmde-mirror.gwendallebihan.net/latest/ testing/non-free libgl1-nvidia-alternatives amd64 302.17-3 [83.0 kB]
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      Get:5 http://lmde-mirror.gwendallebihan.net/latest/ testing/non-free libglx-nvidia-alternatives amd64 302.17-3 [82.9 kB]
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      Get:6 http://lmde-mirror.gwendallebihan.net/latest/ testing/non-free nvidia-alternative amd64 302.17-3 [83.8 kB]
30-09-2012 11:28:05 execcmd.run                   INFO      Get:7 http://lmde-mirror.gwendallebihan.net/latest/ testing/non-free libgl1-nvidia-glx amd64 302.17-3 [9,528 kB]
30-09-2012 11:28:34 execcmd.run                   INFO      Get:8 http://lmde-mirror.gwendallebihan.net/latest/ testing/non-free xserver-xorg-video-nvidia amd64 302.17-3 [4,494 kB]
30-09-2012 11:28:57 execcmd.run                   INFO      Get:9 http://lmde-mirror.gwendallebihan.net/latest/ testing/non-free nvidia-vdpau-driver amd64 302.17-3 [1,115 kB]
30-09-2012 11:29:17 execcmd.run                   INFO      Get:10 http://lmde-mirror.gwendallebihan.net/latest/ testing/contrib nvidia-kernel-common amd64 20120630+1 [10.1 kB]
30-09-2012 11:29:31 execcmd.run                   INFO      Get:11 http://lmde-mirror.gwendallebihan.net/latest/ testing/non-free nvidia-kernel-dkms amd64 302.17-3 [8,934 kB]
30-09-2012 11:29:47 execcmd.run                   INFO      Get:12 http://lmde-mirror.gwendallebihan.net/latest/ testing/non-free nvidia-glx amd64 302.17-3 [362 kB]
30-09-2012 11:29:49 execcmd.run                   INFO      Get:13 http://lmde-mirror.gwendallebihan.net/latest/ testing/contrib libxnvctrl0 amd64 302.17-2 [15.9 kB]
30-09-2012 11:29:49 execcmd.run                   INFO      Get:14 http://lmde-mirror.gwendallebihan.net/latest/ testing/contrib nvidia-settings amd64 302.17-2 [830 kB]
30-09-2012 11:29:49 execcmd.run                   INFO      Get:15 http://lmde-mirror.gwendallebihan.net/latest/ testing/contrib nvidia-xconfig amd64 302.17-2 [86.1 kB]
30-09-2012 11:29:49 execcmd.run                   INFO      dpkg-preconfigure: unable to re-open stdin: No such file or directory
30-09-2012 11:29:49 execcmd.run                   INFO      Fetched 25.6 MB in 1min 32s (276 kB/s)
30-09-2012 11:29:50 execcmd.run                   INFO      Selecting previously unselected package glx-diversions.
30-09-2012 11:29:59 execcmd.run                   INFO      (Reading database ... 
(Reading database ... 5%
(Reading database ... 138251 files and directories currently installed.)
30-09-2012 11:29:59 execcmd.run                   INFO      Unpacking glx-diversions (from .../glx-diversions_0.2.2_amd64.deb) ...
30-09-2012 11:29:59 execcmd.run                   INFO      Selecting previously unselected package glx-alternative-mesa.
30-09-2012 11:29:59 execcmd.run                   INFO      Unpacking glx-alternative-mesa (from .../glx-alternative-mesa_0.2.2_amd64.deb) ...
30-09-2012 11:29:59 execcmd.run                   INFO      Selecting previously unselected package glx-alternative-nvidia.
30-09-2012 11:29:59 execcmd.run                   INFO      Unpacking glx-alternative-nvidia (from .../glx-alternative-nvidia_0.2.2_amd64.deb) ...
30-09-2012 11:30:01 execcmd.run                   INFO      Selecting previously unselected package libgl1-nvidia-alternatives.
30-09-2012 11:30:07 execcmd.run                   INFO      Unpacking libgl1-nvidia-alternatives (from .../libgl1-nvidia-alternatives_302.17-3_amd64.deb) ...
30-09-2012 11:30:12 execcmd.run                   INFO      Selecting previously unselected package libglx-nvidia-alternatives.
30-09-2012 11:30:19 execcmd.run                   INFO      Unpacking libglx-nvidia-alternatives (from .../libglx-nvidia-alternatives_302.17-3_amd64.deb) ...
30-09-2012 11:30:23 execcmd.run                   INFO      Selecting previously unselected package nvidia-alternative.
30-09-2012 11:30:24 execcmd.run                   INFO      Unpacking nvidia-alternative (from .../nvidia-alternative_302.17-3_amd64.deb) ...
30-09-2012 11:30:26 execcmd.run                   INFO      Selecting previously unselected package libgl1-nvidia-glx:amd64.
30-09-2012 11:30:29 execcmd.run                   INFO      Unpacking libgl1-nvidia-glx:amd64 (from .../libgl1-nvidia-glx_302.17-3_amd64.deb) ...
30-09-2012 11:30:33 execcmd.run                   INFO      Selecting previously unselected package xserver-xorg-video-nvidia.
30-09-2012 11:30:36 execcmd.run                   INFO      Unpacking xserver-xorg-video-nvidia (from .../xserver-xorg-video-nvidia_302.17-3_amd64.deb) ...
30-09-2012 11:30:39 execcmd.run                   INFO      Selecting previously unselected package nvidia-vdpau-driver:amd64.
30-09-2012 11:30:41 execcmd.run                   INFO      Unpacking nvidia-vdpau-driver:amd64 (from .../nvidia-vdpau-driver_302.17-3_amd64.deb) ...
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      Selecting previously unselected package nvidia-kernel-common.
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      Unpacking nvidia-kernel-common (from .../nvidia-kernel-common_20120630+1_amd64.deb) ...
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      Selecting previously unselected package nvidia-kernel-dkms.
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      Unpacking nvidia-kernel-dkms (from .../nvidia-kernel-dkms_302.17-3_amd64.deb) ...
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      Selecting previously unselected package nvidia-glx.
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      Unpacking nvidia-glx (from .../nvidia-glx_302.17-3_amd64.deb) ...
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      Selecting previously unselected package libxnvctrl0.
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      Unpacking libxnvctrl0 (from .../libxnvctrl0_302.17-2_amd64.deb) ...
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      Selecting previously unselected package nvidia-settings.
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      Unpacking nvidia-settings (from .../nvidia-settings_302.17-2_amd64.deb) ...
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      Selecting previously unselected package nvidia-xconfig.
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      Unpacking nvidia-xconfig (from .../nvidia-xconfig_302.17-2_amd64.deb) ...
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      Processing triggers for menu ...
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      Processing triggers for man-db ...
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      Setting up glx-diversions (0.2.2) ...
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      No diversion 'diversion of /usr/lib/debug/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so to /usr/lib/mesa-diverted/libglx.so.dbg by glx-diversions', none removed.
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      No diversion 'diversion of /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so to /usr/lib/mesa-diverted/libglx.so by glx-diversions', none removed.
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      Adding 'diversion of /usr/lib/libGL.so to /usr/lib/mesa-diverted/libGL.so by glx-diversions'
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      Adding 'diversion of /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so to /usr/lib/mesa-diverted/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so by glx-diversions'
30-09-2012 11:30:42 execcmd.run                   INFO      Adding 'diversion of /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so to /usr/lib/mesa-diverted/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so by glx-diversions'
30-09-2012 11:30:46 execcmd.run                   INFO      Adding 'diversion of /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 to /usr/lib/mesa-diverted/libGL.so.1 by glx-diversions'
30-09-2012 11:30:46 execcmd.run                   INFO      Adding 'diversion of /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1 to /usr/lib/mesa-diverted/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1 by glx-diversions'
30-09-2012 11:30:47 execcmd.run                   INFO      Adding 'diversion of /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1 to /usr/lib/mesa-diverted/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1 by glx-diversions'
30-09-2012 11:30:48 execcmd.run                   INFO      Adding 'diversion of /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2 to /usr/lib/mesa-diverted/libGL.so.1.2 by glx-diversions'
30-09-2012 11:30:52 execcmd.run                   INFO      Adding 'diversion of /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1.2 to /usr/lib/mesa-diverted/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1.2 by glx-diversions'
30-09-2012 11:30:57 execcmd.run                   INFO      Adding 'diversion of /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1.2 to /usr/lib/mesa-diverted/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1.2 by glx-diversions'
30-09-2012 11:31:00 execcmd.run                   INFO      Setting up glx-alternative-mesa (0.2.2) ...
30-09-2012 11:31:02 execcmd.run                   INFO      update-alternatives: using /usr/lib/mesa-diverted to provide /usr/lib/glx (glx) in auto mode.
30-09-2012 11:31:04 execcmd.run                   INFO      update-alternatives: using /usr/lib/mesa-diverted to provide /usr/lib/mesa-diverted/libGL.so-master (libGL.so-master) in auto mode.
30-09-2012 11:31:16 execcmd.run                   INFO      Setting up glx-alternative-nvidia (0.2.2) ...
30-09-2012 11:31:44 execcmd.run                   INFO      Setting up libgl1-nvidia-alternatives (302.17-3) ...
30-09-2012 11:31:57 execcmd.run                   INFO      Setting up libglx-nvidia-alternatives (302.17-3) ...
30-09-2012 11:32:03 execcmd.run                   INFO      Setting up nvidia-alternative (302.17-3) ...
30-09-2012 11:32:13 execcmd.run                   INFO      Setting up nvidia-vdpau-driver:amd64 (302.17-3) ...
30-09-2012 11:32:20 execcmd.run                   INFO      Setting up nvidia-kernel-common (20120630+1) ...
30-09-2012 11:32:50 execcmd.run                   INFO      update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
30-09-2012 11:33:08 execcmd.run                   INFO      Setting up nvidia-kernel-dkms (302.17-3) ...
30-09-2012 11:33:19 execcmd.run                   INFO      Loading new nvidia-302.17 DKMS files...
30-09-2012 11:33:29 execcmd.run                   INFO      First Installation: checking all kernels...
30-09-2012 11:33:39 execcmd.run                   INFO      Building only for 3.2.0-3-amd64
30-09-2012 11:33:49 execcmd.run                   INFO      Building initial module for 3.2.0-3-amd64
30-09-2012 11:34:09 execcmd.run                   INFO      Done.
30-09-2012 11:34:15 nvidia.installNvidia          DEBUG     Configure Nvidia...
30-09-2012 11:34:21 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: nvidia-xconfig
30-09-2012 11:34:44 nvidia.installNvidia          DEBUG     Blacklist Nouveau: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-nouveau.conf
30-09-2012 11:34:57 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: cat /etc/*-release | grep DISTRIB_CODENAME
30-09-2012 11:34:57 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: apt-cache policy nvidia-detect
30-09-2012 11:34:57 drivers.getPackageStatus      DEBUG     Package is installed: nvidia-detect
30-09-2012 11:34:57 nvidia.getNvidia              INFO      Get the appropriate Nvidia driver
30-09-2012 11:34:57 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: nvidia-detect | grep nvidia- | tr -d ' '
30-09-2012 11:34:57 execcmd.run                   INFO      nvidia-glx
30-09-2012 11:34:57 nvidia.getNvidia              INFO      Nvidia driver to install: nvidia-glx
30-09-2012 11:34:57 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: apt-cache policy nvidia-glx
30-09-2012 11:34:57 drivers.getPackageStatus      DEBUG     Package is installed: nvidia-glx
30-09-2012 11:34:57 nvidia.getNvidia              DEBUG     Package status: installed
30-09-2012 11:34:57 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: lspci | grep VGA | grep ATI
30-09-2012 11:34:57 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: lspci | grep Broadcom
30-09-2012 11:34:57 execcmd.run                   DEBUG     Command to execute: uname -r
30-09-2012 11:34:57 execcmd.run                   INFO      3.2.0-3-amd64
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Search for extensions: ['.png', '.jpg', '.jpeg', '.gif']
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/installed.png
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/ati.png
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/uninstallable.png
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/pae.png
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/notinstalled.png
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/mirror.png
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/broadcom.png
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/nvidia.png
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/empty.png
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.getImgsFromDir      DEBUG     Image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/logo.png
30-09-2012 11:34:57 ddm.fillHardware              INFO      Hardware image found: /usr/share/device-driver-manager/nvidia.png
30-09-2012 11:34:57 ddm.fillHardware              INFO      Add item: NVIDIA Corporation GF104 [GeForce GTX 460] (rev a1)
30-09-2012 11:34:57 ddm.fillHardware              DEBUG     Preselect: False
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Clear existing list store
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Create column names: ['Column 0', 'Column 1', 'Column 2', 'Column 3', 'Column 4', 'Column 5']
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Add data to list store (single-column list): liststore.append( [False, gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file("/usr/share/device-driver-manager/installed.png"), gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file("/usr/share/device-driver-manager/nvidia.png"), "NVIDIA Corporation GF104 [GeForce GTX 460] (rev a1)", "nvidia", "installed", 400] )
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Last visible column nr: 4
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Column already exists: Column 0
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Column already exists: Column 1
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Column already exists: Column 2
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Column already exists: Column 3
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Hide column nr: 4
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Hide column nr: 5
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Add Liststrore to Treeview
30-09-2012 11:34:57 functions.fillTreeview        DEBUG     Scrolled to selected row: 0
30-09-2012 11:34:57 ddm.checkThread               INFO      Done installing drivers
4. Plymouth worked fine, and Plymouth Manager working fine.

In all, everything seems to be working as it should with my hardware.

gene@brutus ~ $ inxi -F
System:    Host brutus Kernel 3.2.0-3-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit) Distro LinuxMint 1 debian
CPU:       Quad core AMD Phenom II X4 955 (-MCP-) cache 2048 KB flags (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4a svm) bmips 25715 
           Clock Speeds: (1) 800.00 MHz (2) 800.00 MHz (3) 800.00 MHz (4) 800.00 MHz
Graphics:  Card NVIDIA GF104 [GeForce GTX 460] X.Org 1.12.1.902 Res: 1680x1050@60.0hz 
           GLX Renderer GeForce GTX 460/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version 4.2.0 NVIDIA 302.17 Direct Rendering Yes
Audio:     Card-1 NVIDIA GF104 High Definition Audio Controller driver snd_hda_intel BusID: 01:00.1
           Card-2 Creative Labs CA0106 Soundblaster driver snd_ca0106 at port ec00 BusID: 05:05.0
           Card-3 Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) driver snd_hda_intel BusID: 00:14.2
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Version 1.0.24
Network:   Card Realtek RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller driver r8169 v: 2.3LK-NAPI at port d800 BusID: 04:00.0
Disks:     HDD Total Size: 322.0GB (8.3% used) 1: /dev/sda ST3320613AS 320.1GB 
           2: USB /dev/sde CardReader_SD 2.0GB 
Partition: ID:/ size: 16G used: 5.2G (35%) fs: rootfs ID:/ size: 16G used: 5.2G (35%) fs: ext4 
           ID:swap-1 size: 1.98GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap 
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 34.0C mobo: 38.0C gpu: 0.0:47C 
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: 864 sys-1: 1046 
Info:      Processes 161 Uptime 21 min Memory 647.6/5985.8MB Runlevel 2 Client Shell inxi 1.4.23 
Anything else I can test?
TRF

Post by TRF »

used dd to "burn" usb 32 eddition
booted ... could not connect to wifi via network manager "insufficient privileges"
same problem for mounting an sd card and usb-stick (that was really weird)

last but not the least - no sound via headphones or speaker. I've tried the other day the up4 edition and had the issue with the "no sound" in speaker and some in headphones (that is usually resolved). In up5 - no sound at all ... sorry.
(hm. the laptop is the dell latitude e5420, and the sound should be the intel one).

Wasn't interested in the installing after that. Back to the siduction.

keeping both torrents up.

(update with the amd64 edition no issues with connecting to wifi, sound or mounting sd-card (usb))
Schoelje

Post by Schoelje »

Finally!
Direct downloads are available: see the beginning of the thread.
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

Schoelje wrote:Finally!
Direct downloads are available: see the beginning of the thread.
Yea! I updated the article on my blog to reflect that it's available.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Something I just noticed is that Minitube is not working. This is a common problem as YouTube changes their setup frequently, requiring a version upgrade in Minitube. The version in LMDE is 1.7, and 1.9 is now needed to access YouTube.

All that is necessary is to uninstall the version in LMDE KDE and download the Minitube 1.9 .deb file from the Sid repositories. It can then be installed with gdebi package installer. All dependencies are already satisfied. Once the new version is installed it works fine.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

Great news, Tom! I keep forgetting to see about upgrading Minitube so it will work, especially since I now have a video downloader for Chrome that seems to work with my non-Google video sources (Google won't allow YT downloaders in the Chrome store, the silly devs). What makes it even better is a quick Duck search got me to the page for the package in Sid.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

Schoelje wrote:Direct downloads are available: see the beginning of the thread.
8)
GeneC wrote:Anything else I can test?
:wink: can you break it?

Return to “Chat about Linux”