tshirts?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please

tshirts?

Postby wrender on Fri May 09, 2008 7:53 pm

I really like what is going on with mint and would like to donate/support it however I prefer to buy t-shirts instead of just straight donating. Will the mint store be selling mint gear in the future?
wrender
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: tshirts?

Postby badmotor on Sat May 10, 2008 2:43 am

One thing is for sure - they would be very good looking shirts if there was such a thing. :D
badmotor
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Lantesh on Sat May 10, 2008 2:45 am

Sign me up. I want my Linux Mint shirt! :D
Lantesh
Level 6
Level 6

Postby deadguy on Sat May 10, 2008 4:10 am

that would be nice!!!

and perhaps a ball cap :wink:
the one I got from cafe press is wearing out :mrgreen:
deadguy
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Ede on Sat May 10, 2008 6:16 am

There was a shop a while back, but it went down. The products were of bad quality and all. Bleh.

I'll talk to Clem. I have a great suggestion for a new shop supplier. :)
Ede
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Cambo105 on Sat May 10, 2008 8:24 am

Ede wrote:There was a shop a while back, but it went down. The products were of bad quality and all. Bleh.

From what I've read the mint mug and mint mouse pad were quite nice, but the shirt other textiles were rubbish.

I'll talk to Clem. I have a great suggestion for a new shop supplier. :)

Please do so, I would love to pick up a mint mug, perhaps even a t shirt.
Keep your stick on the ice.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Cambo105
Level 3
Level 3

Postby rivenought on Sat May 10, 2008 9:06 am

I do believe there would be a great deal of interest in Linux Mint products these days. Hopefully, a good-quality supplier can be found, as well as one that is able to ship worldwide.
rivenought
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Aussie dude on Sat May 10, 2008 9:25 am

wrender wrote:I really like what is going on with mint and would like to donate/support it however I prefer to buy t-shirts instead of just straight donating. Will the mint store be selling mint gear in the future?

Aussie Dude wrote:yeah i agree merchandise would be pretty kool should get some out
Aussie dude
Level 1
Level 1

Postby lakehousetech on Sat May 10, 2008 9:37 am

I believe it was Cafe Press, and apparently you can still get the merchandise there:

http://www.cafepress.com/linuxmint

Anyway, if one of you could find a better service it would be great! Cafe press is expensive, and I don't believe the Linux Mint project gets much of the sales. I'm sure that many people want to show the love, so that should account for at least several hundred shirts right away right (conservative estimate)?
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Ede on Sat May 10, 2008 8:35 pm

Yes. Cafepress sucks balls.
I have found a better supplier, but they are abit more expensive. But MUCH better quality on shirts atleast. I bought some custom from them a couple of months ago and was satisfied.

They make Custom T-Shirts, Bags, Hats, Aprons, Ties, Profile Cards, Business Cards, Custom Stamps, Greeting Cards, Note Cards, Postcards, Posters, Canvas Prints, Framed Prints, Photo Prints, Photo Enlargements, Calendars, Mousepads, Mugs, Travel Mugs, Steins, Photo Sculptures, Magnets, Keychains, Bumper Stickers, Round Stickers and Buttons.
Ede
Level 4
Level 4

Postby 67GTA on Sat May 10, 2008 8:42 pm

I was wanting to buy some Mint stuff, but saw several bad comments on the Ubuntu forums about the quality of their clothes. I saw Ubuntu has stuff for sale on their website(better reviews). I wonder where they are getting their stuff from? I wouldn't mind paying a little more if it was going to support Mint.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Postby lakehousetech on Sun May 11, 2008 12:08 am

Yeah I'd like to see a larger percentage of the proceeds going towards to project as well. I'm pretty sure Cafe Press isn't giving very much from what I've heard around the vine.
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Ede on Sun May 11, 2008 8:54 am

Ubuntu is using http://www.merchandisemania.co.uk/ , something they can do because canonical is so big. We're not big enough to buy bulks of t-shirts. Yet.
Ede
Level 4
Level 4

Postby jdizzle on Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:14 pm

I agree wrender. What a great way to donate to the cause, not to mention a conversation piece. I've been thinking about the Ubuntu hoody for awhile now, but really I'm a Mint user through and through. Anyway, keep this thread going in case something comes along. I've already budgeted about 100 USD towards some Mint merchandise...
jdizzle
Level 1
Level 1

Postby vrkalak on Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:24 pm

:mrgreen: Yeah . . . a green LinuxMint hoodie.

I could go for that!! Sign me up.

Also, wants a green LinuxMint t-shirt . . . and a mug . . . and a mousepad . . . and a keyring.

**goes to the Mall (I wonder if they have a Linux store there?)
:: LinuxMint-Debian-Edition (Fluxbox) :: Manjaro/Arch (Xfce) ::
Registered Linux User: #497031 :: DeviantART Page
vrkalak
Level 10
Level 10

Postby juelze on Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:36 pm

I to would be interested in some Linux Mint gear. Linux gear for me, money towards Linux Mint, and free advertising for Linux Mint when I wear it.
juelze
Level 1
Level 1

Postby rich_roast on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:41 am

Ede wrote:Ubuntu is using http://www.merchandisemania.co.uk/ , something they can do because canonical is so big. We're not big enough to buy bulks of t-shirts. Yet.

Really? The site seems to offer orders of as little as fifty items, although it's best to bulk buy lots of 250. Distrowatch currently reports 1300 hits per day; I'm no market researcher so this is just made up numbers at this point, but assuming a 5% install-to-try rate (65 installs), and a 1% pleased-enough-to-buy-a-T-to-support-the-cause rate from that, that's a sale every couple of days, maybe? I know, these numbers are plucked out of the air and probably too optimistic, but fact is that Mint trails Ubuntu by less than 50%, and Mint seems to be improving pretty consistently over time; the promotional effect of merchandise could also have a positive knock-on effect.

These are just quick made up figures and are no doubt wrong, but it's to make sure to not pass up an opportunity too quickly.
rich_roast
Level 6
Level 6

Postby jdizzle on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:10 am

well... I like where this is going. I'm definitely not a businessman, actually I'm just an ESL teacher who's been bouncing around the globe for over three years. After getting sick of pirating windows crap in Eastern Europe, which I'm not sure is even illegal, I bought a ticket on the Ubuntu train. It wasn't long until I transfered to the Mint line and here I am.
I've always wanted to give back. Even if I had the money, I'm not one just to throw it at something. Although I have been considering, and got the OK from my wife, to give a small donation to Mint. Anyway... I would love to be part of a "Mint Shop" of sorts. I'm not sure what kind of skills have. I know that sounds terrible, but I guess I'm talking about technical skills. I said before that I'm not much for business either. I do know that I like Mint and open source software and philosophy. I'm well organized and like to bring people together. I'm not sure how to get this ball rolling, but anyone who could chime in is welcome. Mint is a community and I think the community has spoken. We want some damn t-shirts...and mugs and mouse pads and pens and pencils... And well that's also the beauty of community, it's our job to make it happen.
Let me know what you guys think. Drop me a line and keep this thread going. I'm in Korea right now, but will be settling in Indiana, USA where I'd be happy to get some things realized re: investment, getting/storing/sending out products...or any other responsibilities that I could handle.
Maybe this isn't the time or place to organize something like this. I'm just saying that I would love to be part of this thing called mint. I'm not a too big of a geek and could never contribute to anything too technical, but I'd be happy to slang some t-shirts on-line giving Mint a few extra bucks to make it even more perfect. OK. Done rambling. I'll sleep on this and see if I can dream up a plan of action.
-JD
jdizzle
Level 1
Level 1

Postby rippedcb on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:21 pm

I'm in for a couple of hoodies (damn, its starting to get cold here now)... Please CLEM.. you can get it done in time for the release of Helena. I want a hoodie that says "I Love Helena" with a mint leaf under it on the front and on the back "Linux Mint" with the LM logo.

CB
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches.
~Alice Roosevelt Longworth ~
rippedcb
Level 3
Level 3

Postby Colonel Schell on Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:21 pm

It would have been great to sport a LInux MInt shirt around the Ohio Linux Fest. It would have really stood out amongst all those BSDers with devil horns on and the Ubuntu/Kubuntu kids, with their brown and blue shirts.

Ah, there's always next year!
Registered Linux User#497028; Registered Linux Machine #408808.
Want to get rid of old hardware? http://computersforcharity.webs.com/ or http://freegeekcolumbus.org/
Colonel Schell
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Next

Return to Non-technical Questions