tshirts?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wrender

tshirts?

Post by wrender »

I really like what is going on with mint and would like to donate/support it however I prefer to buy t-shirts instead of just straight donating. Will the mint store be selling mint gear in the future?
badmotor

Re: tshirts?

Post by badmotor »

One thing is for sure - they would be very good looking shirts if there was such a thing. :D
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

Sign me up. I want my Linux Mint shirt! :D
deadguy
Level 5
Level 5

Post by deadguy »

that would be nice!!!

and perhaps a ball cap :wink:
the one I got from cafe press is wearing out :mrgreen:
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

I do believe there would be a great deal of interest in Linux Mint products these days. Hopefully, a good-quality supplier can be found, as well as one that is able to ship worldwide.
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

I believe it was Cafe Press, and apparently you can still get the merchandise there:

http://www.cafepress.com/linuxmint

Anyway, if one of you could find a better service it would be great! Cafe press is expensive, and I don't believe the Linux Mint project gets much of the sales. I'm sure that many people want to show the love, so that should account for at least several hundred shirts right away right (conservative estimate)?
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

I was wanting to buy some Mint stuff, but saw several bad comments on the Ubuntu forums about the quality of their clothes. I saw Ubuntu has stuff for sale on their website(better reviews). I wonder where they are getting their stuff from? I wouldn't mind paying a little more if it was going to support Mint.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

Yeah I'd like to see a larger percentage of the proceeds going towards to project as well. I'm pretty sure Cafe Press isn't giving very much from what I've heard around the vine.
jdizzle

Post by jdizzle »

I agree wrender. What a great way to donate to the cause, not to mention a conversation piece. I've been thinking about the Ubuntu hoody for awhile now, but really I'm a Mint user through and through. Anyway, keep this thread going in case something comes along. I've already budgeted about 100 USD towards some Mint merchandise...
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

:mrgreen: Yeah . . . a green LinuxMint hoodie.

I could go for that!! Sign me up.

Also, wants a green LinuxMint t-shirt . . . and a mug . . . and a mousepad . . . and a keyring.

**goes to the Mall (I wonder if they have a Linux store there?)
rich_roast

Post by rich_roast »

Ede wrote:Ubuntu is using http://www.merchandisemania.co.uk/ , something they can do because canonical is so big. We're not big enough to buy bulks of t-shirts. Yet.
Really? The site seems to offer orders of as little as fifty items, although it's best to bulk buy lots of 250. Distrowatch currently reports 1300 hits per day; I'm no market researcher so this is just made up numbers at this point, but assuming a 5% install-to-try rate (65 installs), and a 1% pleased-enough-to-buy-a-T-to-support-the-cause rate from that, that's a sale every couple of days, maybe? I know, these numbers are plucked out of the air and probably too optimistic, but fact is that Mint trails Ubuntu by less than 50%, and Mint seems to be improving pretty consistently over time; the promotional effect of merchandise could also have a positive knock-on effect.

These are just quick made up figures and are no doubt wrong, but it's to make sure to not pass up an opportunity too quickly.
jdizzle

Post by jdizzle »

well... I like where this is going. I'm definitely not a businessman, actually I'm just an ESL teacher who's been bouncing around the globe for over three years. After getting sick of pirating windows crap in Eastern Europe, which I'm not sure is even illegal, I bought a ticket on the Ubuntu train. It wasn't long until I transfered to the Mint line and here I am.
I've always wanted to give back. Even if I had the money, I'm not one just to throw it at something. Although I have been considering, and got the OK from my wife, to give a small donation to Mint. Anyway... I would love to be part of a "Mint Shop" of sorts. I'm not sure what kind of skills have. I know that sounds terrible, but I guess I'm talking about technical skills. I said before that I'm not much for business either. I do know that I like Mint and open source software and philosophy. I'm well organized and like to bring people together. I'm not sure how to get this ball rolling, but anyone who could chime in is welcome. Mint is a community and I think the community has spoken. We want some damn t-shirts...and mugs and mouse pads and pens and pencils... And well that's also the beauty of community, it's our job to make it happen.
Let me know what you guys think. Drop me a line and keep this thread going. I'm in Korea right now, but will be settling in Indiana, USA where I'd be happy to get some things realized re: investment, getting/storing/sending out products...or any other responsibilities that I could handle.
Maybe this isn't the time or place to organize something like this. I'm just saying that I would love to be part of this thing called mint. I'm not a too big of a geek and could never contribute to anything too technical, but I'd be happy to slang some t-shirts on-line giving Mint a few extra bucks to make it even more perfect. OK. Done rambling. I'll sleep on this and see if I can dream up a plan of action.
-JD
rippedcb

Post by rippedcb »

I'm in for a couple of hoodies (damn, its starting to get cold here now)... Please CLEM.. you can get it done in time for the release of Helena. I want a hoodie that says "I Love Helena" with a mint leaf under it on the front and on the back "Linux Mint" with the LM logo.

CB
SxFlare

Post by SxFlare »

"I love Helena" sounds great, hahah
though, I'm more for the Green Lantern kind of green than the brighter/paler green Mint spots, I'd like to try get a hoodie
jaqian

Post by jaqian »

Was going to say Cafe Press but see it was mentioned already... reading thread backwards :)
rich_roast

Post by rich_roast »

Bump :)
marty510
Level 3
Level 3

Post by marty510 »

I'd also like to see some shirts OR maybe something else with the Mint logo on it.
I was just asking about mint t-shirts a few weeks ago with no offers to sell me any.
I thought about having one made for myself, but would really like to see the money go towards the development and costs of Mint itself.
I'm totally for it!
t-shirts, mugs, ties, anything with Mint printed on it!
Last edited by marty510 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
node31

Post by node31 »

I would also purchase a Linux Mint shirt ..... possibly a polo shirt for extra quality.
clgy15

Post by clgy15 »

Hey EVERYBODY!!!
Great News I recently have been able to make a new store in cafepress. If you want to add anything to the store all you have to provide is what you want and the images you want in png or jpeg format. Also I need them to be rather large files so the image can be seen clearly!
the link is http://www.cafepress.com/linmint
And there is no markup for me so whatever it costs to make it is what it costs. They do a ton of stuff so if you want a specific product email me all the stuff at clgy15@gmail.com.
No more weird T-shirts this is where we can add whatever we want to anything including waterbottles!
jesica

Post by jesica »

count me in

Return to “Non-technical Questions”