[SOLVED} Doesn't Anyone have any problems with LMDE-MATE

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Distro-Don

[SOLVED} Doesn't Anyone have any problems with LMDE-MATE

Post by Distro-Don »

I and my wife have been using LMDE-MATE exclusively as our primary operating systems for a year or more and haven't had any problems at all with them. I have a number of friends that also use LMDE-MATE and they tell me that they are very happy with it too and some have given up dual booting Windows because of it. I have been reading this forum all along and the only problem (?) that I have seen is that someone could not get LMDE or LM17 to install for some unknown reason. If Clem decided to abandon Ubuntu and concentrate on LMDE I, for one, would not be unhappy. If he decides to keep on with Ubuntu and LMDE I would also not be unhappy. JMHO
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Doesn't Anyone have any problems with LMDE-MATE

Post by all41 »

Hi Distro-Don,
Have you also tried Mint Mate? If so how would you compare LMDE Mate to Mint Mate?
What are a few of the things you really like about LMDE-Mate
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
Distro-Don

Post by Distro-Don »

all41 wrote:Hi Distro-Don,
Have you also tried Mint Mate? If so how would you compare LMDE Mate to Mint Mate?
What are a few of the things you really like about LMDE-Mate
Yes, I have tried and used Mint Mate 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17. I like all of them and they are very good. If I couldn't have LMDE I would use LM17 because it is long term. I do see problems on these versions discussed here on this forum though. For me, LMDE-MATE is solid and that to me is my primary concern. In fact LMDE-Mate is the most solid version of Linux that I have ever used.
turtlebay777

Post by turtlebay777 »

Re problems with LMDE, I'd say you are looking on the wrong forum, here's the link to the LMDE problems forums, http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewforum.php?f=228
Mute Ant

Post by Mute Ant »

Ooo well no. LMDE Caja has a couple of wobblies (audio-preview-crashes-file-manager and file-copy-notifier-blocks-drag-and-drop) but apart from that, LMDE is my number one choice...Debian QA and no one else fiddling with it...options to fetch bits of KDE...doesn't need closed-source drivers. I like it.
Distro-Don

Post by Distro-Don »

turtlebay777 wrote:Re problems with LMDE, I'd say you are looking on the wrong forum, here's the link to the LMDE problems forums, http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewforum.php?f=228
I looked there and didn't find any LMDE Mate problems so I am going to mark this solved.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: [SOLVED} Doesn't Anyone have any problems with LMDE-MATE

Post by exploder »

I installed Mint 17 Mate on my desktop today. I had forgotten how fast and smooth Mate was. I installed the 17.1 version from testing after doing some testing a couple of days ago. The new themes that have been added are great! I really like the refinements I am seeing in this edition! Everything behaves the way I expect it to and the system is totally stable.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”