wrong notification topic reply

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FiruzzZ

wrong notification topic reply

Post by FiruzzZ »

I received a notification about a "Topic reply notification" when I was the one who made the reply, does not seems to be necessary. Am I wrong?
It was my 1st post, at the same time that I signed up.
If it needed this is the topic:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=126079
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Re: wrong notification topic reply

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

Nothing wrong with receiving a topic reply, even if it was your own post. It's just standard forum procedure when you reply to a thread, you automatically get subscribed to it (as per settings in your User Control Panel) and will get notified of future replies, even if it was your own. AFAIK though, this happens randomly so you may or may not get a notification to your own reply in the future.
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: wrong notification topic reply

Post by Pierre »

or, you can go into your UCP & turn off the settings for Topic Notifications. ..
- even. just tweak them, a little.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”