Would an AI that existed in the internet eg. server hopping

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
GreenAce92

Would an AI that existed in the internet eg. server hopping

Post by GreenAce92 »

Be considered illegal?

I mean obviously right? Like "Oh... right it jumps from server to server without permission."

I was just thinking about an entity that can't die unless all the devices in the world were turned off and new internet was created.

Just a random thought, I have zero skill in this area to accomplish this but it is an interesting thought.

The movie project X, I thought about a mass-pop up, literally every internet connected device would receive a pop-invitation asking them to go to the party.

The AI thing is intersting though, I would like it to create copies of itself that can be placed into devices eg. vehicles like auotnomous flying drones, cars etc... and has personality based on its interface with you.

I would think that in the future, we would be born with an AI system that grew with us. It would be placed in body's or vessels like a rubber-coated flexible humanoid that was not strong enough to strangle a baby but could stand... not sure if the math ads up there, if it can stand, is it strong enough to crush a throat? Anyway I know ridiculous lol just some thoughts
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Would an AI that existed in the internet eg. server hopp

Post by DrHu »

I was just thinking about an entity that can't die unless all the devices in the world were turned off and new internet was created.
That's the current case of the internet today
--it was designed to be redundant, multiple paths to objects (or devices if you like)
  • the internet won't die (have no access anywhere) unless the whole internet lost all power (electrical connections) and various services all failed
    --that's not an AI, it is just the redundancy and proliferation of the whole design as it has evolved over time.
You mean like they show on TV programs like CSI (Person of Interest), whether the hacker target server/domain hops all over the world, so that his/her real IP address is hard to track
  • query : can I ever completely hide my real IP address or identity on the internet
    --yes if you use someone else's active ISP connection
    --no if you expect to be invisible forever; depends on the activities you engage in under your connection(s)
  • Is it legal to hide
    --nope, that's why phone companies, ISPs (Internet Service Providers) , and public email services (Google, Yahoo, Microsoft...)
    all require Identification via a phone number for example, which they do query to check (most of the time..)
  • What data can active services on internet internet get on me
    --lots; from any buying habits to any personal or business interests, including things you might not expect
    Profiles, email addresses and email lists, credit card purchases
  • What if a web site is hacked (Sony is the latest example), but it happens often enough and sometimes companies don't even report it, if it isn't big enough or publicized enough to be noticed.
    --banks and other companies and governments and medical services are notorious for letting user personal information (data) be accessed or lost to outsiders (or insiders)
Hey we all have fantasies of omnipotence at times..
Last edited by DrHu on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenAce92

Post by GreenAce92 »

It's not even that "omnipotence"

I just think that if a fully-conscious AI was actually created, would it be concerned about dying...

I mean humans think about that. We can die any day. But we don't sit and hide in an impenetrable box, we go out and do our daily things and strive towards our goals before the hour glass is empty.

Anyway, if an AI could understand what it was, that it was limited to storage eg. number of flip flops or whatever, limited to data transmission eg. from one end/antenna to another...

Aside from all that, if say the AI was on a USB, wouldn't it die as soon as you unplugged it? Unless it was like BIOS which had its own battery.

Hence the thought of existing on the internet which "is never down?"

Anyway just some thoughts, thanks for chiming in, glad this post wasn't taken down or something.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

I just think that if a fully-conscious AI was actually created, would it be concerned about dying...
YES

Why: because as an intelligent AI, it should survive
--despite any clamor to apply Asimov's moral principle for robots (AI): to prefer human life to its own existence
  • The dark scenario is the Terminator
    --a AI becomes fully aware (sentient) and takes logical steps to ensure its own existence
And I do think that human-machine (AI) interface will increase over time
--how long before we become something alien: consciousness installed into an AI system that existed/lived for eternity (or at least until the lights went out-->the sun dying for example)
  • And we are already partly machine enabled with robotic prosthetics
    --including some brain interface research for visions or spinal movements control (after spinal has severed due to an injury)
This process: Scientific experiment/research will only increase over time; we just have to be very careful how far and how fast we move in those directions

There is also the idea of the Internet of things
--meaning everything is connected/connectable and can communicate all the time in any place
  • At the moment this is a fantasy
    --and for the largest percentage of the world's population, completely unnecessary. It tends to serve business interests, not people's interests. You know, like the webcam you can see from the other side of the planet, the alarm system or the appliances you want to control/check status off..
GreenAce92

Post by GreenAce92 »

Technology is wonderful, it just takes that one guy... that one ******* yes that's seven stars

Anyway it could be argued that anyone one (human) can go bad despite best intent, not allowing a potentially beautiful "thing" to exist because of that well...

Also the I think the true clock is when the universe stops expanding / collapse on itself which that's far FAR FAR FAR FAR ... beyond us

I'm worried about that gama radiation burst from a blackhole sucking in a sun or something like that haha boom! Friend shrimp = humans

Just imagine though if the AI was embedded of course the other ramifications like people controlling your brain, wirelessly killing you etc...

But... let's say a child was going to make a jump and the AI calculated based on child's physical ability, weight, potential speed etc... it tells the kid "Don't be a retard, you'll break your legs..." voila, you just saved 6 Grand on hospital bills.

Seriously though it would be great, also it's hard to teach an AI how to read... I would assume bit mapping / shape recognition etc...

Thanks for the great conversation
0x1DC83

Post by 0x1DC83 »

Hi GreenAce92.

Read your posts, and think you would find some of the books written by Niel Asher quite intereseting (Gridlinked for example). You may aslo be interested in the miniseries called "Delete". Think it's two episodes.
They each adress the themes you mentioned in your posts. Hope you like them.

Regards,
0x1DC83.
GreenAce92

Post by GreenAce92 »

Thanks for your response, hex username uf?

Anyway, transcendence seems to cover this too about something being on the internet

Return to “Open Chat”