XFCE 17.3 Notification and Indicator area missing some icons

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Sasha969

XFCE 17.3 Notification and Indicator area missing some icons

Post by Sasha969 »

I have installed fresh Mint 17.3 XFCE and Notification Area is missing some apps icons.
I was using Mint Cinnamon 17.2 and 17.3 for couple of months and everything was ok.
Notification Area properties lists missing icons like this.
NotificationAreaXFCE.png
Vmware and Viber icons are not visible in applet, but even though Deluge-gtk icon is missing in Notification Area properties it is shown in applet.
Teamviewer is not in the list but it's icon is shown if there is some error (like not connected to network) but after connecting to network icon disappears.
Any suggestion for solving this problem?

Edit:
Teamviewer and VLC icons are shown in Indicator Plugin applet, so it is not only Notification Area applet problem.
Is there any way to manually add icons?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Re: XFCE 17.3 Notification and Indicator not showing some ic

Post by MtnDewManiac »

What do you mean by "notification area?"

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
Sasha969

Post by Sasha969 »

"Notification Area" is actually systray applet in Panel Preferences Item list.
"Indicators plugin" is xfce4-indicator-plugin applet in the same list.

For now only problem is Viber because you can not see red dot indicating new activity in tray icon and you can not Alt+Tab to closed GUI but you can activate GUI by starting Viber again.
Good thing is that Viber's "Window button" in tasklist applet is actually showing red dot with number of new activities like tray icon.

So practically, for now, I need to get used to minimising instead of closing Viber GUI.
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MtnDewManiac »

Sasha969 wrote:I need to get used to minimising instead of closing Viber GUI.
Some applications have an option in their settings that controls whether or not they show up at all on one of the user's desktop panels and, if so, if this should happen the entire time the app is running or only when minimized. There may be an additional setting that keeps the app running on the panel when the app is "closed." You might want to check Viber's settings to see if this is the case with it.

BtW, does this app use Gtk2 or Gtk3 (or Qt)?

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
Sasha969

Post by Sasha969 »

Viber does not have any option for tray icon or notifications. When GUI is closed Viber's process is still active. Btw notifications are working normally regardless GUI is closed or not, but problem with notifications is that they take focus to themselves and interrupt typing activity at that moment.

In this post it is said that Viber is a QT5 application, but I do not see any Viber icon on my screen.

Return to “Xfce”