Single click to open docs and applications?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scubajeff

Single click to open docs and applications?

Post by scubajeff »

I am running a new installation of 64 bit Linux Mint 17.2 xfce. I am using the Xfwm window manager. I have set the file manager to single click via Settings-File Manager-Behavior-Single click to activate items. I have also tried to set it via the edit menu of an open file manager window, which brings up the same GUI as I reached via the main menu.

I did a grep on my home dir, and found this:
./.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/thunar.xml: <property name="misc-single-click" type="bool" value="true"/>
./.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/thunar.xml: <property name="misc-single-click-timeout" type="uint" value="327"/>

Those settings seem to confirm that single click is set.

Single click does not work for anything on my desktop, file manager, or any applications. Can anyone help me set it to single click for opening everything?

Thank you in advance.

Jeff
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Single click to open docs and applications?

Post by richyrich »

Right click in an open area of the desktop > choose Desktop Settings > Icons tab > put a check in "Single Click to Activate Items" checkbox.
scubajeff

Re: Single click to open docs and applications?

Post by scubajeff »

Thank you so much. That fixed the problem, and was quite simple.

Best Regards,
Jeff

Return to “Xfce”