Shutter tray icon sometimes invisible on xfce LM17.2

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
flyingrhino
Level 4
Level 4

Shutter tray icon sometimes invisible on xfce LM17.2

Post by flyingrhino »

Sometimes I find the tray icon for shutter is invisible, as in this screenshot
The 'blank space' is still functional - you can click it, right click it , etc - and shutter works
No shutter.png
Using standard LM 17.2 , xfce
# uname -a
Linux kenslpc 3.16.0-38-generic #52~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 8 09:43:57 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Is this the correct place to report xfce bugs?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
flyingrhino
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Shutter tray icon sometimes invisible on xfce LM17.2

Post by flyingrhino »

Hi,

Sorry for the late response, I must have deleted the reply notification by accident :(
For me anyway, shutter's "tray icon" shows up where i expected it (in XFCE4-panel's "Notification Area" panel-plugin) and it stays put & remains visible across several reboot cycles.
Same here, but *sometimes* it disappears. Not always. Definitely a bug.
I noticed that shutter's system-tray icon uses a very light/pale-grey color, almost the same as the panel's background color
Over here it's not hard to distinguish between shutter icon color and the panel color even though I am using the standard color scheme - perhaps you are using a laptop or desktop TN screen ? I've got a Dell 24" IPS and the contrast on this display is great. So, while the icon is visible - it's always visible :)
Furthermore, the top of the shutter icon has two 'tails' in darker grey - easy to see
So as a quick workaround to deal with that icon's random "invisibility", may i suggest that you turn on the panel-plugin's "Show Frame" option? That will draw a pixel-thin frame around those app-icons that run/minimize-to in the "system tray"
Cool. I didn't know of this...

Return to “Xfce”